• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change Access

I agree cannondale and bleedyamaha the sport bumper works excellent for the front with the way it wraps under the nose of the sled. If you buy that rear skid plate drill 1/16 holes in all the low spots on the skid plate where water lays to let it out, it works very well.

Last edited:
I cut a hole in my skid plate to access the oil filter and drain plug. Very solid should still hold up well for my annual oil change.
How do you empty the oil tank when the skidplate is on?
How do you access the Oil Drain Plug to empty the tank?
oiltank.PNG

If muffler is off can get at it from that side (Preffered method for me) or can make a access panel in skid. Not bad. First thing you do either way is remove the footwell right side.

If muffler is off can get at it from that side (Preffered method for me) or can make a access panel in skid. Not bad. First thing you do either way is remove the footwell right side.

According to the service manual
so it seems you can do everything via right footwell, that is, unscrew the oil plug and also drain oil from it.
Is that true then?

For the tank yes but still have filter and engine drains.
In order to drain the oil and change the filter on the engine, i have made the same solution as Bleedyamaha did when the skidplate is on. I suppose 2 screws are covered by the skidplate to be able to remove them from right footrest in order to drain the oil from the oil tank.

I suppose these 2 screws are covered by the skidplate?
oil.PNG

Last edited:
In order to drain the oil and change the filter on the engine, i have made the same solution as Bleedyamaha did when the skidplate is on. I suppose 2 screws are covered by the skidplate to be able to remove them from right footrest in order to drain the oil from the oil tank.

I suppose these 2 screws are covered by the skidplate?
View attachment 152164

Anyone ?
Applies Sidewinder 19

The problem is solved.
I drilled two holes in the skidplate that aligns with the two torx screws.

Back