• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Change Access

No!
image.jpg
image.jpg

I will leave it then. No ice buildup there?

As far as I know there is no white available for anything other than 1100. At least last year when I bought it.
Thanks guys

Well I am glad that you got it to work Cannondale. One thing I did was add a.cpl nylon washers between the skid plate protector and the actual access cover so the protector cover plate sits flesh with the rest of skid plate protector. Yes we all learn from other ppls ideas to make life easier. Gotta love TY!

Large holes on the bottom make me nervous, think I'll keep mine closed. Don't like the large objects that can come through them.

True a stick or something wose could hurt a guy but so could slipping out because of ice. Maybe a bunch of smaller holes?

There is so much hot air that comes out of there you could not make ice in that footwell if it was -30 F. Before you cut, check out how much hot air comes out of the footwells! My uninsulated boots stay very warm and never get wet when riding. I spent a lot of money for new insulated boots last fall and wore them once when we had an open house and free hotdog day at our snowmobile clubhouse.

Keep us updated. I would watch carefully to make sure ice does not separate it from the sled. It only seems to be a problem for some instances. If you thaw out your sled after riding its not a problem.

There is so much hot air that comes out of there you could not make ice in that footwell if it was -30 F. Before you cut, check out how much hot air comes out of the footwells! My uninsulated boots stay very warm and never get wet when riding. I spent a lot of money for new insulated boots last fall and wore them once when we had an open house and free hotdog day at our snowmobile clubhouse.

Playing off trail in the fresh snow and there is not nearly enough heat to keep it clean or also when it's just sitting out in the snow with the motor off. I think the holes help when I'm cleaning the snow out before a ride or cleaning it out during a ride in lots of powder. Like anything, it's all about someones preference and the riding conditions. ;)!

I will continue to pull the skid plate mainly because once the oil is drained is the best time to have access to the chain case and I like to have a look to see whats happening in there.
If it's time for an engine oil change it's time for a chain case oil change.

Back