• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Pan Removal

YamaCat_2014

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat 7000
New to the forum, I just bought a used 2014 Arctic cat 7000 w/ 1600 miles this summer and I had the kick back / starter issue that ended up taking about 10 teeth on the starter idler gear.

So I'm in damage recovery mode and since I haven't retrieved all 10 teeth figured I better take the oil pan off.

My question is has anyone taken the oil pan off without pulling the motor? It looks like you could take out part of the front subframe and could wiggle it out.

Thanks

By the time you take off the subframe ( whitch that a lot of work ) it would be better to loosen engine and lift it up a little ... but I think after you get air box out you should be able to get it off with out pulling anything...

not sure about Cat but I know that Yamaha is replacing starters even when out of warranty. Check with your dealer.

Back