• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Tank RTV Silicone-What did you use?

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
Yeah, got mine all apart and planning to do pics/vid of the process....Its been all apart draining/drying out ect....

Just figured this would be a perfect time this fall, to get everyone's opinion and which RTV they used, and what worked best for you all.

I know of one now that a few mentioned, and just wondered of others, as I only want to do this once!

thnx,
Dan

Here is one I'm considering so far.
permatex2.jpg

Ultra Black. No leaks since Dan.

Thanks Mike, I could not remember what you used....Is there only one of them? Same as the pic I posted above correct?

I like that is a oil formula.

Yes, thats the one I used Dan.

Here is the comparison chart of ALL their gasket makers.....Im liking this new Optimum black alot. More Flex built in it seems.

Dan

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.06.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.02.39 AM.png

Last edited:
Video....Optimum series. Sounds like the Optimum black is best for lightweight components, I believe our oil tanks/chaincase are lightweight Magnesium.

My dealer used Yamabond 6b. He put it on the case and used it on the sight glass.
I let it set up for a day before putting the oil in.
If you read my post, he also "peened" the case around the sight glass, because it was such a loose fit.

Back