• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Build

MTN Tamer

How about pictures of the sled with the skid in. Im ordering one for my kids sled but have yet to see a picture installed. I have a MTN Tamer on my TApex and love it. :yam:

Re: re

yukonranger said:
Well, it's been a while since any updates on here so I will post some pics.

100_0888.jpg

I decided to build a muffler using a small glasspack out of the butchered stock muffler.

100_0889.jpg

100_0887.jpg

Side by side comparison between the new muffler and the mcx muffler

100_0923.jpg

pipe wrapped and intake together

100_0919.jpg

turbo and new muffler mounted

100_0920.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0926.jpg

100_0927.jpg

100_0924.jpg

I also started into my wiring, only to find out that MCX has neglected to update the instructions as the kit changed. Although this was not in any way the fault of Prince George Yamaha, they have found the answers for me and are sending me some new wire harnesses and instruction. Don, Randy, and Harley sp? have been great and gotten this figured out very quickly. ;)!

what did you remove from the tunnel, if anything. and did you polish your tunnel.

Hey,yukonranger
I am thinking about making my phazer into a XTX. I was wondering how you like your sled long tracked.
Thanks

The sled is looking good keep us posted.

I'm not sure why you would want a short track? motocross track maybe? this machine is so nimble I extended mine to a 151!

I have to ask why did you weld that connection and move your BOV. Does this have something to do with space or is it because of the throttle body boots?

I didnt realize they changed that but i did buy a used kit so i probably have the first generation kit. Sure would be nicer to have the BOV on the intercooler like that.

Yah I think my kit is a gen 3.
Update on the sled: While pulling the sparkplugs to check color recently, the #2 plug brought the threads out with it. I helicoiled #2 and put in the head shim while i was there. I plan on running either 13 lbs on premium or 15 lbs 4/1 prem/race mix. Should be able to take her for a spin today. :Rockon:

Took it for a rip today lots of #*$&@ to work through :o| It is running really lean ie 13.2 afr at idle to 15-16 at wot. I would love to here from any one that has experience with mega tune esp. in regards to turbo phazers ;)! I just put on a autometer boost gauge and the needle bounces and shakes like crazy, I'm beginning to think it was a waste of 120 bucks.

Back