• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer wont' start....

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Had the sled running a month ago, and last week it wouldn't start. Pulled plugs and they were wet. Put new plugs in it today and it still didn't run. I grounded plugs and cranked before installing the new plugs and they both had spark. Removed the new plugs after it failed to start and they were wet and fouled.

Sled has fuel in it from end of february last year. I never had an issue other years with the old fuel from previous year but that's the only thing I can think of that may be my problem.

I did check air box to be sure I didn't have a mice nest "choking" the sled and it was all clear.

Any suggestions?

I would get some new gas. With the good spark and new plugs that doesn't sound like the problem. the plugs being wet it doesn't sound like a fuel delivery problem either.

I think you best bet is new gas and try again.

The battery fully charged? maybe not turning over fast enough? just a thought.

A weak battery can definately cause it not to start. Also, if you paid to have it winterized, check the bottom of the airbox for tape over the intake port in the bottom of it...

Good luck.

drain the gas & maybe try injector cleaner in the new tank of gas.
once fired run it awhile so it warms up. do a couple of WOT runs a few seconds to clean everything out.

i've had luck by barely touching the throttle a few times while cranking to get it to fire quicker. (just for the first initial start up)

Also when they plugs are out disconnect the coils so they dont catch it on fire and crank over the motor.Sounds like is alot of gas in the motor.May want to check your oil for gas in it also.

I had old gas and man these Phazers do NOT like it!

New plugs and only premium now, has started at -25c

Good luck.

PS - Glass-mat battery did wonders for cranking power for me.

Fresh gas and it fired right up!

I've never had any sled, cycle, quad that wouldn't start on old gas. They may run rough, but they always started.

E-10, mine sat all summer, and fired right up. E-10 in my EFI ATV's and they sit all winter and fire right up. If your having issues with E-10 and water you better question where you purchase your gas from. I've only had a few issues with sitting vehicles and E-10, all 3 times the last fill up came from the same station before I parked them. ALSO find out when the Station gets Tankers in and DON'T fill up right after a tankers been there as it mixes any water in the storage tank up with all the fuel.

I have old gas in mine from when I put it in storage but I added SeaFoam as a fuel stabilizer. Except for the first start out of storage, it starts and runs fine. Same engine as the Phazer.

I don't know about the US but in Canada, super unleaded gas (91 octane) does not have ethanol. The only exception is Petro Canada's 94 octane super premium (formerly Sunoco). They add ethanol to bump up the octane in all their grades. Shell has been putting stickers on their pumps indicating that regular has 10%, mid grade has 5% and super has 0%.

Ya Shell premium is what I have been running since my no-start/plug change.

E-10 is junk no matter what it is a buy and burn fuel only. Shelf life is short and the smaller the amount the more likely problems will result. I work in the Petroleum Industry and there are things the consumer would not want to know.

It is a love hate relationship some just quit to early. There is no sled on the market with the flickable feel as our Phazers. I will be doing a review on a rear skid I bought for my MTX soon. Initially it is a huge difference but I am still in the tweaking phase. It comes almost right on with there recommendations on the settings.

Back