• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer wont' start....

I was trying to find some info for my uncle. He has a 09 Venture Multi-Purpose. He has had trouble starting. The dealer mechanic told him to warm the relays behind the battery. He did it with a hair dryer and it fired right up. It seems one relay is for the fuel pump. It has happened a few times when parked in the shade. If he parks it in the sun and lifts the hood it seems to create enough warmth to activate the relay. Not sure if it is just a bad relay. He has one on order. Any one else have probelms with relays?

Lots of posts about bad relays. I could see this as a possibility if moisture got into them because relays are normally not affected by cold. I would replace them and find a way to waterproof them.

I agree.I wonder if guys with issue have trouble with the new ones?If not must be moisture in them from factory since I think they are pretty well sealed.Is also alot of guys with same trouble with the starter solenoid.Sometimes they call that a relay and it gets confusing since there are both solenoid and relays.

This is one time i must've finally got a good one. Never had any of those little 'gremlins'. Only thing that broke, but still rode it home, was my header pipe.

The new replacement fuel pump relays have a better low temp lube/ grease in them that is said to operate in extreme cold. I just picked one up and will change it when I have time.

Back