• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pics of new Mods!!! Post em' Snow is comin'

craze1cars said:
Bodacious, nice ride. I'm curious about that track...which one is it? Looks kinda like my Intense 9800 but not quite, and yours is fully clipped...Intense is not. Also, did you leave heat exchanger and tunnel protectors in? My 1.5 inch rubbed 'em when I left them in, so I notched the track. I see yours is not notched, so wondering if you pulled them out or if it simply fit even with them in place...

Thanks!
It's a new leftover non-current Yamaha/Camoplast 1.5". I looked high and low for a fully punched 1.5" so that I could run the drivers I wanted to. Nothing "current" available, as far as I could find. I did take out the protectors.... if this set-up doesn't suit me this chassis will become a 151" this winter. Thanks!! Bo

Hey monsterattak,

All the mods look great!

Did you do the BB spring and revalving yourself or have it done? If you had it done would you tell me where? I have my skid out now and want to get it done (at least the BB spring). I'm just around the corner from you so I am hoping for someplace local.

Did you buy the Rox stuff locally?

Thanks,
Brian

hey monsterattak, i put that same stud setup in my attak last winter. i have about 200 to 300 miles on the studs and they have just about eaten the whole plate that protects the exaust in the ceter of the tunnel, i got the sled back from the dealer after the break in service and the studs installed and we took one last trip last winter, so i dont think its from the track not being tight. just letting you know what happed to my sled. just droped the skid out tonight and found the damage, not sure what im gonna do to prevent any more problems...

heres my apex gt aka Black Knight

Plenty of mods, 8" total rise with 6"bar and 2" pivot, powermadd handguards, skid plates, 144 studs, hauck pipes, sounds like my bike, heavy duty rear spring, called Blakc Knight custom paint, ive painted 6 sleds, will do any types of graphics, more pics just ask, lets get ready to ride

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 107
Apsterbobed said:
hey monsterattak, i put that same stud setup in my attak last winter. i have about 200 to 300 miles on the studs and they have just about eaten the whole plate that protects the exaust in the ceter of the tunnel, i got the sled back from the dealer after the break in service and the studs installed and we took one last trip last winter, so i dont think its from the track not being tight. just letting you know what happed to my sled. just droped the skid out tonight and found the damage, not sure what im gonna do to prevent any more problems...

I will be very shocked if I have issues..it seems to me that the 1.325 studs are what most everyone is running and I took the reccomendation straight from woody's....the studs barely stick above the track and with the aluminum protectors being about 7/8" thick I just can't see how they would ever contact the exhaust shield...

Track was too loose.. (or streched) THats why they hit..

Ive had mine hit just a few times.. and after i tightened the track to spec it didnt happen again

im hoping that the dealer didnt have the track right, but i think because they did it last year they are not going to be able to do much for me, hopefully i can get it right this year...

What Welterracer said.

This year, I will be running 1" track so I don't thing it will be an issue again. You have to keep the track nice and tight - 1 3/4" to 2" spacing with 20 lbs weight.

craze1cars said:
All right, you motivated me...still has the original windshield on it as my midheight tint didn't fit as well as I hoped. Mentioned it to the dealer and he tells me there's some new windshield options coming out for these sleds in the next month, so I might wait to exchange this one until I see what else he gets in...

But heres some pics. A quick rundown of what's been done so far:

Slydog Powderhounds
8" Bergstrom Triple points
Bergstrom Ski Savers
Rich Motorsports A-arm protectors (slightly used, that's why they're pre-scratched! Again, cosemtics are quite meaningless to me.)
Camoplast Intense 1.5" track
SLP wear pads
Goodwin belt deflection adjuster
Yamaha skidplate
My own custom cheap-o mirrors
Diluted the antifreeze to proper mix (here's a little something for you dummies at the Yami factory) :moon:
Optimate battery charger leads installed (dealer did this for free, nice guys at Highland Yamaha) ;)!

Still to come:

Windshield
Garmin Etrex Legend CX GPS mounted to dash
Yamaha knee pads/tank protectors (backordered)
Yamaha front underhood bag (backordered)

But this dog is pretty much ready for some SNOW!!!!!

Check this first picture....now doesn't the underside of this front end just look smooth as a baby's bottom? That's GOTTA carve snow better than all those metal bars and hardware being exposed, dontchathink?

When did u pick up your attak? Mine still hasn't come in yet. :o| :o| :o|

Hey Matt, so when is the true show and tell date for your sled? I was at the show yesterday when John pointed to your sled. I could not believe my eyes nor recognize anything from last year!! Your gonna have so much fun! :-o
I’m counting my pennies as we speak for a radical make over as well. Not going to be extreme, but different.

Dan

hey Dan,

hahah ya there really isnt much left of last years Apex ;)

it was suppose to be done for the show but the painter dropped the ball so I guess it was covered with a blanket during the day. The panels made it late last night after hours and they are now installed but I have yet to see them...lots of people calling me to tell me they are looking at it and I'm sitting here working and have no clue how the paint turned out!

Back