• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

power steering kit for my 2017 ltx le?

Have you physically done this yet or this the “this should work” stage? Just know this guy has done them and said roughly how he goes about it.
Looking to find out if the computer can be flashed to talk to the eps.
If so it would be easy to do.
The current sleds with dumb shocks and eps would be the flash to have from research.

Have you physically done this yet or this the “this should work” stage? Just know this guy has done them and said roughly how he goes about it.

The only potential speedbump so far is whether or not the ECU has to initialize the EPS system. The EPS itself is largely stand-alone with just the canbus and power ground as connections. While that canbus could be used for a myriad of things, the only thing that makes sense is telemetry coming from the sled to tell it the current speed in some form and that is already on the canbus so the ECU is there for error code processing and maybe, maybe... initialization. That is all just an educated guess. The rest of the list is all physical items (bolts, brackets, steering column, etc) that are completely independent of model year.

Its only 5 wires to splice into the old harness.
$1385 in parts, us$. And need to source a couple connectors for the power steering motor.
Then flash computer to work with eps motor.

The canbus/power and ground I assume you mean. Those can all be gotten to without harness splicing since the canbus is already available on the diagnostic port and the system requires its own dedicated power. Any canbus circuit tap would work.

It’s a standalone ecu for the ps, needs to splice to power ecm and give it signal. Besides that it’s all plug and play replacement parts

It’s a standalone ecu for the ps, needs to splice to power ecm and give it signal. Besides that it’s all plug and play replacement parts
Looks to me like the power steering motor has that built into it and talks to the sled ecm.

IMG_6902.jpeg
IMG_6902.jpeg
IMG_6903.jpeg

So he's saying it will automatically pick up the signals without any type of flash then?

From what I gather yes, but need diff parts and diff ways to splice in. I obviously don’t know the details but he seems pretty ontop of it. All I know is what I shared there

The dealer he is doing them for has a bunch of 23 xtx se 146 sleds that he is installing them on.
Brand new sleds.

I wonder if he can make it work on a MY 2022 or newer Viper?

The dealer he is doing them for has a bunch of 23 xtx se 146 sleds that he is installing them on.
Brand new sleds.
No idea. It’s possible I am sure

As far as viper Idk that either. Message a Mike Duhr on Facebook that’s who is doing this.

Anyone have a non eps, dumb shock 17-19 and a eps sled that they could install ecm and cluster in eps sled and see if the eps will still work and no codes?

Back