• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

problem with rx1 after ecp kit

rx1 fern said:
freddie all my coils are arcing could this be my problem it keeps up to the apex till about 90 mph then the apex pulls on mebut i could feel it sputtering when i take off
this sounds similiar to mine after i had freddie install the ecp kit.....it doesnt do it all the time...i thought at first is was the belt......changed that, went to canada and did 500 miles with no low end sputter, then this weekend at old forge it started doing it again. i took out the 10 plugs and put back stock plugs and noticed it running smoother........freddie, should i also try that electric grease? if its not the problem then by putting the grease on will it cause a problem?

goldbergrx1 said:
rx1 fern said:
freddie all my coils are arcing could this be my problem it keeps up to the apex till about 90 mph then the apex pulls on mebut i could feel it sputtering when i take off
this sounds similiar to mine after i had freddie install the ecp kit.....it doesnt do it all the time...i thought at first is was the belt......changed that, went to canada and did 500 miles with no low end sputter, then this weekend at old forge it started doing it again. i took out the 10 plugs and put back stock plugs and noticed it running smoother........freddie, should i also try that electric grease? if its not the problem then by putting the grease on will it cause a problem?

Gary,
The dielectric grease is a band-aid of sorts. First check the sparklug caps/stick coils by removing them and removing the rubber top cap. Turn the lights off in the garage or do this outside at night. Visually look into the sparkplug well deep down inside the cylinder and see if you can see any arcing. If you want to swing by the shop, I will do this for you for free.

Freddie

Back