• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Project wake the snake continues

Dstevenson

Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper 10 vector
I have completed an airbox mod installed a MBRP trail exhaust , studs will be here today . I now need feed back on clutching looking for trail performance? Big venom ? Also PC V controller or ecu reflash please send me some real world answers as I want to get this sled right after spending the cash and I know a turbo would be faster .

I have completed an airbox mod installed a MBRP trail exhaust , studs will be here today . I now need feed back on clutching looking for trail performance? Big venom ? Also PC V controller or ecu reflash please send me some real world answers as I want to get this sled right after spending the cash and I know a turbo would be faster .

Big Venom Works well, Ulmers Clutching Works well.. both the ECU Flashes from EVO and the PCV work well. At least with the PCV you can tweak it if you want to make any minor changes. I have an ignition module you can add to the PCV and then you can change timing and will work along side the PCV. I would sell it cheap as we dont have any Vipers to use it on.

I picked up a SLP Header, Muffler and PCV slightly used for mine just before the season ended, I had bought the Viper late in the season. I am going to be installing once I get thru my spring projects. I also have studs waiting to go in. I have not done anything else to the machine but I am thinking about the airbox mod to go along with these mods. All said and done should pick up some decent power.

watching and hopeful!

Big Venom Works well, Ulmers Clutching Works well.. both the ECU Flashes from EVO and the PCV work well. At least with the PCV you can tweak it if you want to make any minor changes. I have an ignition module you can add to the PCV and then you can change timing and will work along side the PCV. I would sell it cheap as we dont have any Vipers to use it on.

When I return from my year long government vacation in the land of never ending sand... I plan on modding my XF7000 to get as much NA power as possible. I ride mostly 0-80 mph, so power and low to mid range punch is what I’m looking for. I have never had a PCV on a sled. I have some PCIII experience on my old GSXR750. If I do an airbox mod and exhaust I’m going to get one. I have an idea how to load maps etc, but what does an ignition module do? Will that help me get more power? Or is the IM more for a turbo sled? I don’t want to do a turbo, a little more $$$ than I would like to spend and I ride in crappy low snow conditions a lot so I’d be worried the extra heat would cause problems. I’ve already clutched the sled and have the ability to adjust if needed. So, airbox+exhaust+PCV = more grunt and speed. Ignition module? Different gearing? What else can I do? The sled already has a decent amount of studs.

When I return from my year long government vacation in the land of never ending sand... I plan on modding my XF7000 to get as much NA power as possible. I ride mostly 0-80 mph, so power and low to mid range punch is what I’m looking for. I have never had a PCV on a sled. I have some PCIII experience on my old GSXR750. If I do an airbox mod and exhaust I’m going to get one. I have an idea how to load maps etc, but what does an ignition module do? Will that help me get more power? Or is the IM more for a turbo sled? I don’t want to do a turbo, a little more $$$ than I would like to spend and I ride in crappy low snow conditions a lot so I’d be worried the extra heat would cause problems. I’ve already clutched the sled and have the ability to adjust if needed. So, airbox+exhaust+PCV = more grunt and speed. Ignition module? Different gearing? What else can I do? The sled already has a decent amount of studs.
I notice the ignition in acceleration. I have two ignition and fuel maps. One for regular 87 gas and other for premium. So difference can be felt with flip of switch. Last season I pretty much just kept it on premium since I liked it so much! Ulmer made the maps.

Back