• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Push Button Start?

sideshowBob

Lifetime Member
Has anyone added the push button start system from the 2020 Sidewinder to an older model?
Is it plug and play or have they changed too much in the wiring harness on the newer models?
Sounds like something to add to my todo list in the off season.

Following as well, I imagine the 2020 push button would be hard to add but not sure. even adding a push button from something like a WR dirt bike would be nice. Turn key on once in morning then just use kill switch and push button when riding.

I added the WR 450 push button mounted on handle bars works great easy to wire in

I added the WR 450 push button mounted on handle bars works great easy to wire in

Any details on what color wires and where they are? I'm sure I can figure out the rest with that Info :)

I was curious as to the possibility of the 19's getting push button start the same as the 20's with software only changes.
I asked Mike at TD who in turn checked with GAP. They said the ECU is different because it has a relay that takes over that function. So not possible to do through software.

I was curious as to the possibility of the 19's getting push button start the same as the 20's with software only changes.
I asked Mike at TD who in turn checked with GAP. They said the ECU is different because it has a relay that takes over that function. So not possible to do through software.
Not sure if you read on here they are having trouble where the sled wont start when its cold out,something to do with the relay cutting out too soon shutting the starter down,had to crank them 20-30 times before they started all 3 machines

I didn't realize it had to go through the ECU...so much for that idea

Not sure if you read on here they are having trouble where the sled wont start when its cold out,something to do with the relay cutting out too soon shutting the starter down,had to crank them 20-30 times before they started all 3 machines

Sounds like I will just have to add a manual type push button

It's too inconvenient......
I really hate the location 'they' chose for the key on these 2020's. My SRX will start with both the key or the pushbutton. The pushbutton is kinda redundant if you ask me. You need to reach in to turn on the key before you can start it anyways, might as well just turn it a bit further and start it at the same time.

I really hate the location 'they' chose for the key on these 2020's. My SRX will start with both the key or the pushbutton. The pushbutton is kinda redundant if you ask me. You need to reach in to turn on the key before you can start it anyways, might as well just turn it a bit further and start it at the same time.

Just leave the key on and shut sled down with kill switch and restart by lifting kill switch and hitting starter button...way better then reaching in to turn key.

Just leave the key on and shut sled down with kill switch and restart by lifting kill switch and hitting starter button...way better then reaching in to turn key.
They told me when I bought it that all electrics are still live unless you shut off they key. No?

I think that was on prior models. I left my key on for two weeks by mistake with the kill switch down and no issues. I find it nice at busy road crossings. I just hit the kill , when traffic clears hit button and go mainly because these thing heat up so fast

Back