• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Push Button Start?

For piece of mind, when I can get mine back together, I will do a load test on the battery with key off and with key on, kill on. Just to see if anythng is actually drawing anything when the key is on.

For piece of mind, when I can get mine back together, I will do a load test on the battery with key off and with key on, kill on. Just to see if anythng is actually drawing anything when the key is on.
So any difference with kill switch on vs key off?

I had a chance today to check the amp draw and can confirm that the kill switch kills eveything the same as turning off the key.

I’ve added push button start on a 17 sidewinder and my current 14 viper. I like the skidoo brake so use a xm brake and rer/dimmer. I use a relay and a timer relay so it won’t kick over while riding. They never miss a beat. Also added Polaris warmer switches. If you search my posts under sidewinder & viper mountain ive wrote a bit on how…
AF39FF36-26A5-4268-AD2E-4A518B8401A8.jpeg

0FCB867F-A86F-4306-B6D6-7C92665DA23C.jpeg

Nice setup Turbue. Its just for us flatlanders the added tether just makes something else to worry about. We don't use it during the day and overnight at a Hotel, do we remove it/leave it? If I lose or get it stolen I could use a magnet to get home but still a pain.

I wish it could be like doo with the key combined into one.

Barn of parts sells a ignition switch relocation kit for those who were unaware.Mounts switch assy to the center of the steering post.Easier to use with gloves on than the original location ✅

Last edited:
Nice setup Turbue. Its just for us flatlanders the added tether just makes something else to worry about. We don't use it during the day and overnight at a Hotel, do we remove it/leave it? If I lose or get it stolen I could use a magnet to get home but still a pain.

I wish it could be like doo with the key combined into one.
Yeah definitely more Mountain riding setup. I just use the kill switch instead of the key to turn off the sled. The timer relay resets with a power cycle. Tether is a must out west as a guy gets ejected off the sled often. Lol.

I never cared about the tether either until 2yrs ago my buddy rolled his winder and the bar bent down against the tank along with the throttle getting pinned and the magnificent rooster tail across the trail! It shot nicly into the bush missing the maples and got hung in the small pines bouncing off the limiter till got to it. Really lucky , just bent bars and broken wind shield. But 2 hrs to get out. Half way through a 400km day to.we finished the ride anyway!

Ok so one could do a key delete and upgrade the tether. No affiliation just found it available.

category_shark_teather.jpg

Back