• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

QS3 Rebuild Timeframe

markt111

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
all Yamahas
2017 LTX LE, 6500 miles, last rebuilt pre 2020 season. not sure how many miles since

how often or at how many miles are you guys doing rebuilds, oil changes etc... on these shocks

aggressive trail riding and my front skid shock is junk after 2 seasons, I feel nothing when turning the clicker between 1 and 3 (hoping it just needs rebuild) I'll have them all done just thought I would get more out of them...

2017 LTX LE, 6500 miles, last rebuilt pre 2020 season. not sure how many miles since

how often or at how many miles are you guys doing rebuilds, oil changes etc... on these shocks

aggressive trail riding and my front skid shock is junk after 2 seasons, I feel nothing when turning the clicker between 1 and 3 (hoping it just needs rebuild) I'll have them all done just thought I would get more out of them...

The guy who does my shocks says do it every season. I put 4-5000kms a season on the sled. Last year I was being lazy/cheap and didn’t get them done. center shock lasted the season but the rear did not last the second season.

Get in touch with Cannondale on this forum. He rebuilds these shocks . He will give you all the answers. His services are very reasonable and professional.

Yes, I was told by my shock guy 2 seasons ago, that if you stop feeling that indent on the 1, 2, 3 settings , the shock needs a rebuild!

From what I’ve found, 2 seasons is probably all you should ask without a rebuild!
For me that’s only 2,000 miles per season! QS3r.

Yes, I was told by my shock guy 2 seasons ago, that if you stop feeling that indent on the 1, 2, 3 settings , the shock needs a rebuild!

From what I’ve found, 2 seasons is probably all you should ask without a rebuild!
For me that’s only 2,000 miles per season! QS3r.
same here a couple seasons is probably about 2000 miles,

If you don’t feel the click between 1,2, and 3 you lost your nitrogen.

I do mine every off season, we put on between 2,500 - 3,000 miles every year so making it 2 years between a refresh doesn't' work.

I do mine every off season, we put on between 2,500 - 3,000 miles every year so making it 2 years between a refresh doesn't' work.
I had Cannondale do my front skid shock ,as in addition to service the shock he replaced the egged out eye , when no one else had the part AND he replaced the shrader valve and cap , as those shocks have been known to leak and lose their nitrogen charge .
My other 3 shocks were done locally in Canada , and the valve and cap did not get replaced , SO, after the fact, I ordered the parts from Steve , and asked the local guy to install the parts and re recharge .
Cost me a little more to have that done , but I didn't want to lose my charge for a 3rd time , on those 3 .shocks .
Steve is good and fast !

Forgot to add that I use Steve (cannondale) for all shock work as well. Our group has also went with the shrader caps over the stock caps.

Can’t argue with yearly rebuilds if you want to be certain! But even so, they do get severe abuse with how well that entire suspension, front and back works. Not to mention what can happen underneath that rear suspension if you leave that sled out and let it freeze and just ride again! I’ve had my rear suspension caked with ice, so that any adjustments were not possible without chipping ice away, which is not advisable near the shock setting dial. It’s plastic!

I thaw my sled after every ride in my heated garage, unless I’m on a backpack trip or staying in the county for a while, and that’s when stuff happens, to shocks, tracks, etc... Gotta try and clear ice from suspension before just driving away the next morning!

great info guys, if I didn't have a shock guy so close to me I would 100% go to Steve, I drop them on my way to and from riding which is super convenient and saves on shipping...

Back