• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Race Brake Lever is a non-starter for '18--Grrrr

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
PLEASE SEE POST #28, the race lever will come on them:

My dealer has a new 50th now on the floor, and it has same old brake lever as 17s. As a matter of fact, I could not find ONE SINGLE change from last season. With exception of graphics, the heated shield plug, & they now do come with the goggle bag and no vent grill, which is the one thing I DONT want! Grrrr

Last season the bags did not come in time, and they shipped with vents.

So it got me wondering, did Yammie screw up on all the LE Spring order pamphlets by simply messing up the wording? I have a funny feeling, they called it a race brake lever, when they actually meant the race brake ROTOR, which does come on the LE models.....So the lever from the Tcat is not coming on the 18 LE.

I priced them up, and nearly fell over..MSRP $130!! #2602-770

So now will have to buy the Vent, and if I want the Tcat lever, buy that too...and toss the goggle bag in pile of parts I don't need or want, along with the primary spring....LOL

On a positive note, my BTX seat arrived, along with Cat Procross LED handguards, and my 22 top gear and SE window. The Yammie tunnel flares are unavailable from Yam, so we ordered the cat ones, same thing. Black only avail but will look nice with the black bumper on the 18 50th. Also, Don went into the main computer to check on my sled as I was there, and he said it was invoiced 3 days ago, and that means it is built and will be put onto a truck likely within a few days, and could be here next week. Woohoo, its almost that time!

Dan

IMG_0386.JPG
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:

Damn I like that lever.
Yeah me too, for tight trails and hanging off left side, you can grab a handful of brake easily with the curved end, and so I was really excited that the yammie pamphlet showed the race brake lever.

One thing to beware of......at my dealer today we tested a SKIDOO clear view hand MUFF, which I use when it gets real cold. Don thought it may rub, and he is right. The long curve touches the inside of hand muff and "may" apply a light amt of pressure to lever, which could lead to overheated rotor ect ect.....Possibly could work with better positioning or sliding the lever inward some at the clamp.

I may hold off on it, since its so pricey anyway. One thing I will miss from my Doos is their nice "shorty" lever.

Dan

Did you get the white pro cross handguards?
Black, I have always used black guards since my first pair way back in 05.lol

Like the more blended look, not standing out. I checked them out today at dealer and they look really nice, the brackets are just much more finished looking, near exact same as the doos.

OMG - I don't know why I didn't do this mod sooner!!!

I've heard that the Polaris brake lever found on the Axys chassis can be used on our Vipers. I think it was around 2015 when Polaris began to use the same Hayes master cylinder that is used on Arctic Cat models, which is also the same as our Viper and Sidewinder models. But the profile of the brake lever is different. After doing a little more research I nailed down the part number and took a chance at it.

This is literally a 2 minute bolt on! You take one bolt out, remove the lever, and install the new one. The Polaris part number is 2205334. I got mine on ebay for about $40. New they are priced closer to $80. The profile and reach to the lever in my opinion is waaay better than the stock one. It reminds me very much of the levers that I'm used to on past 'true' Yamaha sleds.

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252); border-radius: 5px;">

• IMG_3471.JPG
    File size:
    97.9 KB
    Views:

• IMG_3470.JPG
    File size:
    64.3 KB
    Views:

• IMG_3472.JPG
    File size:
    65 KB

So the LE's have a race brake rotor?? And the other Sidewinders don't?? So our LE's are vented/drilled rotors, verses solid disc?? Is that correct? As of last week my RTX 50th wasn't in yet either.

My 50th has the race brake lever?
Nick, is that a question? Take a pic of yours......see if it looks like Tcat or not.

That would be really weird, if you got one and my dealers first 50th did not....lol

I just want one on mine! ha

UPDATE: Nicks new 50th did come with it! See post #28

Dan

Last edited:

I've heard that the Polaris brake lever found on the Axys chassis can be used on our Vipers. I think it was around 2015 when Polaris began to use the same Hayes master cylinder that is used on Arctic Cat models, which is also the same as our Viper and Sidewinder models. But the profile of the brake lever is different. After doing a little more research I nailed down the part number and took a chance at it.

This is literally a 2 minute bolt on! You take one bolt out, remove the lever, and install the new one. The Polaris part number is 2205334. I got mine on ebay for about $40. New they are priced closer to $80. The profile and reach to the lever in my opinion is waaay better than the stock one. It reminds me very much of the levers that I'm used to on past 'true' Yamaha sleds.

Wow, so POO has same darn Hayes levers? No way! this is an AWESOME FIND!

Thanks so much, so it looks shorter which is good. But I guess they dont have curved end like tcat eh?

Thanks for info!
Dan

So the LE's have a race brake rotor?? And the other Sidewinders don't?? So our LE's are vented/drilled rotors, verses solid disc?? Is that correct? As of last week my RTX 50th wasn't in yet either.
YES. I was looking at the new 18 LE on showroom floor, nice race rotors. 17 had em too.

Dan

My buddies Polaris has a nice flat straight lever, works so good, wish I could bend mine in a bit!

Wow, so POO has same darn Hayes levers? No way! this is an AWESOME FIND!

Thanks so much, so it looks shorter which is good. But I guess they dont have curved end like tcat eh?

Thanks for info!
Dan

Attached Files:

• a" style="margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") center top repeat-x rgb(240, 247, 252); border-radius: 5px;">

• IMG_3471.JPG
    File size:
    97.9 KB
    Views:

• IMG_3470.JPG
    File size:
    64.3 KB
    Views:

• IMG_3472.JPG
    File size:
    65 KB

Do you have the ebay link?

I saw this on ebay and grabbed it, entire master and all for 42....Same shorty lever as yours. thanks for info!

Dan

Clipboard01.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Back