• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Race Brake Lever is a non-starter for '18--Grrrr

I just checked out both my Doo and SW brake levers and to be honest I don't think much about them. To me they are both like the handle on my toilet. They do the job just fine and I never give them a second thought. Now the only reason I responded was because it's October 10th and it's 80 degree's out and I'm sure if our weather continues like this we will be seeing many posts about things like this before we finally get some colder weather. I'm sure Dan will be thinking about everything and anything until his sled comes in. Oh and watch out when it does come in because we are in for some real posts from him!:-o

2015 or newer Axys lever you need. If you want stock POO lever just go into a poo parts fiche.

Dan
I just checked out both my Doo and SW brake levers and to be honest I don't think much about them. To me they are both like the handle on my toilet. They do the job just fine and I never give them a second thought. Now the only reason I responded was because it's October 10th and it's 80 degree's out and I'm sure if our weather continues like this we will be seeing many posts about things like this before we finally get some colder weather. I'm sure Dan will be thinking about everything and anything until his sled comes in. Oh and watch out when it does come in because we are in for some real posts from him!:-o

Think you need to set your clock lol

LOL....

Still wondering why noone with a 50th has chimed yet just to help confirm.

I guess some of the canuks have already got a 50th hat in mail too, noone has mentioned this here so far. And I sure hope I get one as I need a new cap!

Interestingly there are no pics of 50th hats or jackets in the new clothing catalog I got from dealer, and Tom just got his 50th Jacket.

Dan

IMG_20171015_1349183.jpg
IMG_20171015_1349592.jpg
IMG_20171015_1349455.jpg

Got another confirm in another thread....he has the race lever too! woohoo.

So where are these hats? I did not get anything in mail, but then again Toms sled has been sitting in crate for months he said, and maybe that is why he got a hate in mail already. Mine was just built in TRF last week.

:jump:

My dealer said about 4-6 weeks after sled is registered I should see hat/backpack. 1 week down

My dealer said about 4-6 weeks after sled is registered I should see hat/backpack. 1 week down
Hmm......that cant be right, as Tom got his hat just recently and his sled is sitting in crate at dealer still....

Im guessing it has more to do with when sled is built/delivered to dealer, then 4-6 weeks from then, at least that jives with when Toms arrived and he got hat.

I guess I forgot all about the hat and backpack deal with the 50th, free-bee's are always fun!

Hmm......that cant be right, as Tom got his hat just recently and his sled is sitting in crate at dealer still....

Im guessing it has more to do with when sled is built/delivered to dealer, then 4-6 weeks from then, at least that jives with when Toms arrived and he got hat.

I guess I forgot all about the hat and backpack deal with the 50th, free-bee's are always fun!
Maybe they already registered it to him. Not sure tho. Hat and backpack is for any spring order sled not just 50th too

Maybe they already registered it to him. Not sure tho. Hat and backpack is for any spring order sled not just 50th too
Oh, I assumed you meant register at dmv ect...lol

Yeah it must be something when dealer gets sled maybe? Not sure but Tom may have paid for his too. I know he does not have it yet at home though, but his hat just arrived as he sent me those pics.

Dan

Those that plan on changing to a different brake lever ,be careful when removing the one on the sled or the plunger will fly out and you''ll have fluid all over the sled .

Those that plan on changing to a different brake lever ,be careful when removing the one on the sled or the plunger will fly out and you''ll have fluid all over the sled .
Thanks for the heads up Ken. Changing the brake lever on my sled is on my list right after putting some custom made nuts on my carbides.;)! :jump: I keep reading all this stuff on this forum and I'm thinking some guys are just looking for something new to spend money on. I thought I was crazy for spending what I do but compared to some guys I'm a novice. I need to stop reading all this stuff and stop talking to Rockerdan because I'm going to be on a fixed income now that I have retired.:(

Joe,use the new screw that comes with the lever also ,and the rubber cover won't work on the new lever .

Yes Don told me the same thing. I got my short POO lever off ebay, and removed it from the ressie that all came with it, and it was no issue. It stayed put. Will be nice having 2 lever choices.

BTW Toms sled is in too, and he sent me a pic today...his is a MAY build(5/17) and His does have the race lever too!

Dan

Thanks for the heads up Ken. Changing the brake lever on my sled is on my list right after putting some custom made nuts on my carbides.;)! :jump: I keep reading all this stuff on this forum and I'm thinking some guys are just looking for something new to spend money on. I thought I was crazy for spending what I do but compared to some guys I'm a novice. I need to stop reading all this stuff and stop talking to Rockerdan because I'm going to be on a fixed income now that I have retired.:(
Joe, Im so afraid to tally up what I have done in the last 4 weeks! I know its massive. Worst then ever before, and I have done this many times! But this new sled, and all these aftermarket goodies avail...its too easy. With the 1200, there just is not much you can do to it, so that was cheap! BTW my 1200 is out front at Dons dealer, man she looks pretty. Hope he can sell it, but the DOO 4s are just not keeping up.

Dan

Back