• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Radiator Guard Install XF7000

It wont fit a Viper. Our grill is much bigger. Looks great on the 7000's not sure if it flows enough for radiator though. Its meant for the turbo intercooler.
Ok the grill must be different then,I haven't compared the two but I'll take your word for it ;)!

I just installed the cat mesh that goes over the top of the grill made of what looks like frog skin screen. Easy to remove with 2 snaps.
when you say easy to remove did you have to take the hood off to fit the mesh and fasten underneath or do the black loovers pop off?

It just slips behind top vent and snaps on bottom of nose of hood. 10 seconds to take off or put on once you have the snaps installed. Snaps come with it just drill pilot hole and screw them on. Been on my sled for 3 years no temp. change and never plugged up with snow or ice. Here are some pics.
DSCN0354.JPG
DSCN0355.JPG
DSCN0356.JPG
DSCN0358.JPG

It just slips behind top vent and snaps on bottom of nose of hood. 10 seconds to take off or put on once you have the snaps installed. Snaps come with it just drill pilot hole and screw them on. Been on my sled for 3 years no temp. change and never plugged up with snow or ice. Here are some pics. View attachment 126870 View attachment 126874 View attachment 126875 View attachment 126876[/QUOT
Thanks, I bought a new rad which I have yet to install as all the fins have closed over. I just ordered the mesh to hopefully prevent from happening again.

It's a YamaCat. The guard is not even on Cat's accessory list that I'm aware of. Heading out shortly to install. Thanks for your help.

AC doesnt put that on their model, its a yamaha only addition for whatever reason..

I added the Yami metal guard to my wifes 7000 and added mesh on top of that all under the hood. Prior the rad fins were all mashed over.

Back