• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Re using the stock intake for heat exhaust

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
This year I added an under hood WAI and was looking at the hood and stock intake ducting. I am thinking about just running without the ducting to use that vent in the hood as an exhaust for hot air to escape the engine bay.

kRASd2Q.jpg

Can anybody think of any cons to doing this? It seems to me to be a great way to increase airflow through the engine bay (massive low pressure zone behind the windshield) and keep overall temps lower...

For reference this is stock, drawing air away from the clutches....
OsLjuWy.jpg

Will it direct the cooling air towards the rider? Im interested but dont want to be colder lol

Will it direct the cooling air towards the rider? Im interested but dont want to be colder lol
Maybe but I would expect it to not be noticeable vs the volume of air going around the sled. And any air that comes out of that vent will be warmed in the engine bay somewhat.

Maybe but I would expect it to not be noticeable vs the volume of air going around the sled. And any air that comes out of that vent will be warmed in the engine bay somewhat.
easy enough to put back on i guess.

I remove that piece and also drill a bunch of 1 in holes in the plastic on the nose of the sled between the two screens.

Back