• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Renagade 1000 vrs apex rtx

snowbeast

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
FACEBOOK
yes
YOUTUBE
yes
My dealer told me today he has a customer who lives in northern new brunswick and has been able to run couple hundred miles on his new snow scooter and loves it,and he is coming off a cat,now the good part his buddy just picked up his new 06 gade the same time he did,now both guys have never been on any yammis before let along the rx1 so they were hot to be real critical about this new apex but all they both could muster was oooss and arrrss now the good stuff after they both had a couple hundred miles they found a road worthy of the big iron,apex all the way,each and every time,they even swaped drivers same results,the apex would pull 3-4 sleds and just stay there,now they did run a mile but 1/4 mile at least,so the two are scratching there heads as to why.

i heard a similar story about a mr nasty and a apexgt on grass,the gt pull ed it out of the hole and mr nasty came back to 1/2 sled ahead by the end of the field,not sure how long of a run and not sure of mileage on either machine,think both were new,but still sounds like the 150fi unit are gonna hold their own,cant wait to find out for myself tho

Its easy to want to believe a story like that when its HEAR SAY!!

Both sleds being equal weight... THe Apex still has 15-20 less horsepower!

I hate to be a NAYSAYER... but ill believe it when i see it!

welterracer said:
Its easy to want to believe a story like that when its HEAR SAY!!

Both sleds being equal weight... THe Apex still has 15-20 less horsepower!

I hate to be a NAYSAYER... but ill believe it when i see it!
Well what can i say the dealer had both guys in his shop talking about it,because he sold it to the guy,believe what ever you want welt i am just a messanger,and i will soon find out,all i know is last year on ice/snoe lake my little buddies fusion runs faster than mine did,and he was pulling past an other friends stock machz 05 by a couple sleds and he was only going like 115 gps and the fusions were not the fastest sleds out.

And just another thought to,the same dealer has a hyperviper that goes real good,one i have never beat with either my 03 rx1 or my confusion,now he stated the field was not long maybe 700 feet but when he ran one of his customers sled with the viper,it was apex by 4 sleds each time. ;)!

Silverbullet said:
The only two sleds I would consider owning :yam:
Hey silver are you getting snow where you live right now,it looks like eustis/stratton is getting some and after fri. may have enough to go rip it up out on the scott rd. or maybe evan notch rd. either place will make me happy.

Keep in mind those 1000 SDI's have a break-in "chip" that takes (500 kms I think) to break in the motor.

I have ridden both a 1000 SDI and all the new 2006's. I am quite sure that the 1000 SDI would have any new Yamaha for lunch without a problem.

They (Doos) are FAST... :shock: Out of the box...I don't know about the 06's but the 05's needed some minor tweaking on the primary ramps and boom.

PS....The Apex's and RX1's are 105-108 (true speeds) MPH in stock form. I would still take a Yamaha 4-stroke over a Doo.......for now anyways.

These F7 guys crack me up. They have the worst case of "small man" syndrome I've ever seen. No one is saying they're not fast, but alot of these guys act like the sled is invincible. I have every confidence that the Apex will suck up an F7 pretty handily, all things being equal. The Mach Z will still have an advantage over both. I was playing on the lake last winter with some guys up in Maine. There was a really strong running F7 Sno Pro, with all kinds of mods done to it. Shaved heads, ported, Vforce, fuel regulator, lowered chassis, speed track, etc, and all he could get was 122, and that was only in perfect conditions. The notion of a stock F7 hitting 124 is just silly.

I found it to be a bit far fetched myself. But you never know what kind of extra ponies that crisp clean Canadian air can do for an engine.... HAAAA !!!! good one.

:moon:

Back