• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Renagade 1000 vrs apex rtx

Well be the race results I see posted Welt is right that 112 in open class was the fasted listed. Unless this race runs on a highway 100 miles out and then 100 miles back there is no way the Average speed was 127. I think someone at the Alaskin is smoking the peace pipe and wants more people in attendance.

My only point in all of this was the notion of a stock sled going 124 mph. And by stock, I also mean set up to ride trails, not lowered, with speed tracks, etc.

Don't be disappointed if you loose to a Mach or a Gade. You can't argue with 20 more hp out of the box. The Doo's are not dialed very well from the factory. In the right hands that 20 extra HP will be hard to beat

From the looks of it Viper34 has gotten the Apex rocken with about 80 track HP from the factory. Clutched the apex could make 90HP at the track and that's very strong.

Yamaha did a great job on the apex!!!

dirkdiggler said:
Don't be disappointed if you loose to a Mach or a Gade. You can't argue with 20 more hp out of the box. The Doo's are not dialed very well from the factory. In the right hands that 20 extra HP will be hard to beat

From the looks of it Viper34 has gotten the Apex rocken with about 80 track HP from the factory. Clutched the apex could make 90HP at the track and that's very strong.

Yamaha did a great job on the apex!!!
I believe the 06's M1 and gade's will be alot better from the factory. They have a new Primary Spring and different weights. Also, the clickers are set at 3 from the factory and not at 6 like they did on the 05's. The new mach Z also gets the decompression plugs, new fuel mappings and a new pipe. It's setup alot better than last year. From talking to Bill Cudney, he says there is alot of room to be gained from the Z which includes clutching/gearing and mods.

Keep in mind that the RT-Gade has 136x16" track, that will knock off some top end. I'd like to see the results of an Attak vs. the RT-Liter-Gade! Glad to hear that the Apex is in the same ballpart though...... sould be a great season.

A friend of mine has the 1000 Gade, hopefully sometime soon I can line up my Attak. Problem is he is studding his right away, and I'm probably not going to. Not sure if it can be made a fair race with the traction differences.

I'm as blue as they come but I can't believe the Apex will beat the Mach. I'll be happier than a pig in his own Pooo if it does. :shock: Just seems hard to buy. LET IT SNOW and LET US SEE. ;)!

Superman said:
I'm as blue as they come but I can't believe the Apex will beat the Mach. I'll be happier than a pig in his own Pooo if it does. :shock: Just seems hard to buy. LET IT SNOW and LET US SEE. ;)!
It won't, but I think it just might run close to, or with it, up to 100mph. But we will have too wait and see.

As far as the Mach/renagade1000 and Apex go, I think it will be interesting, but not surprising. I do know the Mach owners need to make sure they’re in the peak RPMs to achieve max HP. I know when I owned a Mach 800, the HP decreased about 15-20 hp if I over revved. The new macks are sensitive as well and if the clutching isn’t bang on, the HP won’t be to far off the Apex. Thats the nice thing about clutching the Apex where there is more leeway in the tunning.

Dan

Ok guys you can go run with this one,same guys same sleds same day,both riders switched sleds to see if it was driver error,same results,now they both stated that the apex felt like it had more pull everywhere and everytime you hit it no matter what rpm range you were in,and that the gade did not feel as good,was the chip fully burnt out of the gade?? Who really knows was the clutching way off on it ?? Who knows that too,i think both of these guys are just gas and go types,i could be wrong but at any rate this is the story they came back to the dealer and told,now feel free to call Garys yamaha in caribou maine ask for john he told me the story,like it or not,i thought most of you would of injoyed hearing it,guess i was wrong,last time i post on this subject. :moon:

mnmsnowbeast said:
Ok guys you can go run with this one,same guys same sleds same day,both riders switched sleds to see if it was driver error,same results,now they both stated that the apex felt like it had more pull everywhere and everytime you hit it no matter what rpm range you were in,and that the gade did not feel as good,was the chip fully burnt out of the gade?? Who really knows was the clutching way off on it ?? Who knows that too,i think both of these guys are just gas and go types,i could be wrong but at any rate this is the story they came back to the dealer and told,now feel free to call Garys yamaha in caribou maine ask for john he told me the story,like it or not,i thought most of you would of injoyed hearing it,guess i was wrong,last time i post on this subject. :moon:

I'm sure your right. On any given day you can find slower and faster ones of any brand.Would be nice if it is these results all the time but to much to hope for. ;)!

If the Mach is like last years it could be true. With factory settings the sled was a turd, but change the tra setting and it makes a worlds difference.

mnmsnowbeast said:

This is not a case of not believing you! I just chimed in to say there are many variables, but interesting nonetheless. Thanks for posting :flag:

Dan

Back