• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

replacing ex-up cables

mikextx

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 apex xtx
Can anyone tell me the position of the ex-up cables on the servo pulley? they both broke and wound up inside if the servo housing and i cant tell how they were positioned.

Can anyone tell me the position of the ex-up cables on the servo pulley? they both broke and wound up inside if the servo housing and i cant tell how they were positioned.
Here's a pic of mine when one broke a few years ago. Black cable routes over the top, silver goes around the bottom.

Is this what you need?

20161126_195653.jpg

Thanks Redbeard, that is nice too. But I need the other end, in the servo box

Thanks Redbeard, that is nice too. But I need the other end, in the servo box
Give me a few minutes and I'll go out to the shop and snap a pic of that end.

I appreciate that. Im not sure what cable goes into each hole, and how they are wrapped around the pulley

The black cable routes to the top of the EXUP valve pulley, and to the bottom side of the servo motor pulley.

20191216_190924.jpg
20191216_190906.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, inside of the servo box . Dont take yours apart, i will figure it out when i get my new cables. Thanks for going out a taking a pic for me. I like the bolts that hold your cover on ALOT better than my Allen head stockers. Im hitting the hardware store after work tomorrow for sure.

I just reread, bottom hole.....Thank you VERY much!!

Both of my cables and valve are positioned in the trash can... eventually, yours will be too! ;)

Probably. I will fix it once. If/when it breaks again. I'll junk it

Ya, I hear that.... to the above post... on my 4th winter with my 12. Now has 16000 k. First and only apex I ever drove is mine. I tried to check my ex up the first winter but couldn't get one bolt out of the cover so I just left it alone as the sled moves like crazy. This year I decided I had to get in there to inspect it. Sure enough one cable had a clean break in it and the top cable was snapped also but had unwound itself over an inch backwards. That makes me think it was broke for a loooooong time and the vibration slowly caused the separation. I found the valve sitting in the 8 o'clock position. So to try things out this year I just wired it at 3 o'clock and have been out cutting the trees on our local trails as they are un groomable at this point. I have to say.. maybe the valve does indeed increase mid range and ,maybe I forget how much power these sleds have. But mine is pulling extremely hard down the straights I encountered on old unserviced logging roads. The drone at 4500 seems slightly less annoying as well but still there. So I may not fix it at all. Easily 100 dollars for the cable and the top of my tunnel is all heat stained and discolored above the valve... I think it was partially closed for the few past seasons causing exhaust to go around the top of it. Sled never pulled over 106mph either... so now I just need to find a safe place to test that.

Ya, I hear that.... to the above post... on my 4th winter with my 12. Now has 16000 k. First and only apex I ever drove is mine. I tried to check my ex up the first winter but couldn't get one bolt out of the cover so I just left it alone as the sled moves like crazy. This year I decided I had to get in there to inspect it. Sure enough one cable had a clean break in it and the top cable was snapped also but had unwound itself over an inch backwards. That makes me think it was broke for a loooooong time and the vibration slowly caused the separation. I found the valve sitting in the 8 o'clock position. So to try things out this year I just wired it at 3 o'clock and have been out cutting the trees on our local trails as they are un groomable at this point. I have to say.. maybe the valve does indeed increase mid range and ,maybe I forget how much power these sleds have. But mine is pulling extremely hard down the straights I encountered on old unserviced logging roads. The drone at 4500 seems slightly less annoying as well but still there. So I may not fix it at all. Easily 100 dollars for the cable and the top of my tunnel is all heat stained and discolored above the valve... I think it was partially closed for the few past seasons causing exhaust to go around the top of it. Sled never pulled over 106mph either... so now I just need to find a safe place to test that.
Keep us posted on your findings

Back