• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rider forward without the work? Pivoting/articulating riser

Is there a link to the Wild Child rider forward kit or do I need to do a search? How about the plug that fills the hole?

I don't have aluminum welding capability in my shop any longer. Is there much welding required? Is the welding required on someting I can remove and bring to work and get it welded?

Thanks guys

Frosty

With his kit I don't think you need to do ANY fabbing. With Kachess' relocate you only need to weld some steel, not aluminum.

Aaron

The Wildchild relocate kit does not require any fabricating. It is bolt on, and comes with the best instructions (pics incl.) I have ever seen. Nice chromemoly steering shaft as well.

If you want to make your own steering column and do the alu welding I can show what needs to be done as I've done it but to be honest with you the Wildchild kit is much easier. If I do some searching I may be able to find his number for you.

So Frosty what did you end up doing?

I'm struggling with the same question right now.

What about this one http://www.powermadd.com/products/unive ... ystem.html

Does anyone know if this will use the standard Yamaha style risers? I own several already and would love to re-use them without having to buy new ones.

I have no doubt that the Wildchild kit is a better overall solution, but I don't want to invest much $$ in my sled right now. If the rumors I keep hearing about the '08 sleds are true then there is a strong possibility that I will be buying a new sled next year.

Also, I am feeling lazy and this riser is going to be much quicker and easier to install than the Wildchild kit.

spray25 said:
What about this one http://www.powermadd.com/products/unive ... ystem.html

Does anyone know if this will use the standard Yamaha style risers? I own several already and would love to re-use them without having to buy new ones.

I have no doubt that the Wildchild kit is a better overall solution, but I don't want to invest much $$ in my sled right now. If the rumors I keep hearing about the '08 sleds are true then there is a strong possibility that I will be buying a new sled next year.

Also, I am feeling lazy and this riser is going to be much quicker and easier to install than the Wildchild kit.

Ray, I'm guessing your refering to the standard block style riser from Yamaha. The only way they would possibly fit assuming Powermadd spaced the holes differently would be to bore the holes out on the plate of the Powermadd pivot adapter until the bolts for your Yamaha block style risers would will slide down through every thing.

Jim

Rox riser 3inch.Not rider forward but much better than stock.80 bucks.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 109
  • riser and bars.jpg
    riser and bars.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 95
GUKROKIT said:
Rox riser 3inch.Not rider forward but much better than stock.80 bucks.

That is what I did. 3-1/2" articulating Rox roser. Much better than the block riser for you can articulate it at the base of the riser and the top.

Ray, I think if you are ging w/a new sled next year, the riser is the way to go.
I have also heard great news about next year, being it is Yamaha's 40th anniversary and all. Can't wait.....Not that I will get a new sled any time soon.

J.

I like the Powermadd set up too. So many choices!

I boondocked the last two days (sorry, I forgot to call J) with a 2" riser and it's ok but I could see where a 3" would be a bit better. I really like the idea of handles on the side of the riser so you can adjust the bars in seconds back and down for the trail ride back to the trucks.

Back to the original point. I still think after sitting on the Mountain Vector SE that Yamaha made the best of what they had with the original bar mount position by using the forward canting bar riser setup. It looks clean (yamaha fit and finish) can be had for under $100 and bolts right up.

I do have to wonder, will the stock brake cable work with a three inch riser or the vector riser? I have to assume the 05 RX-1M brake cable will be long enough, right?

Frosty

i just ordered a 2" riser, non articulating. I feel that my sled with the bars very far forward is easier to pull over than my other sled with the bars just slightly forward. I also feel that the 2" riser will make it much easier to pull over. I was told 2" on the stock throttle cable, and 05 throttle cable works for bigger, i think up to 4 or 5", maybe more.

If you are getting a 2 stroke next season no point in going to the work of putting a rider forward kit on. I just found a holdover 900 RMK 166 (thanks blgs) and wanted to do something simple to my sled to see if it helps at all before i jump on the popo ship.

Frostbite said:
I like the Powermadd set up too. So many choices!

I boondocked the last two days (sorry, I forgot to call J) with a 2" riser and it's ok but I could see where a 3" would be a bit better. I really like the idea of handles on the side of the riser so you can adjust the bars in seconds back and down for the trail ride back to the trucks.

Back to the original point. I still think after sitting on the Mountain Vector SE that Yamaha made the best of what they had with the original bar mount position by using the forward canting bar riser setup. It looks clean (yamaha fit and finish) can be had for under $100 and bolts right up.

I do have to wonder, will the stock brake cable work with a three inch riser or the vector riser? I have to assume the 05 RX-1M brake cable will be long enough, right?

Frosty

I have the 3-1/2" riser and my cables are fine. I tried 4-1/2" and it would not fit. The throttle cable is the only thing you have to get if going to the 3-1/2" and you already have that so should be good to go.

J.

I've got 7" fly risers and apex bars now on my RX-1 I like the position. If I had to do it over again, I would have bought the Rox style I prefer them just no 7" unless you go with RMP riser. The Fly seem to loosen.

Guys,
this is not a great closeup of the risers but these are Powermadd 8" double articulating (pic is pretty big if you click). I'm not feeling the need to be any further forward. The riser is set more or less straight up and down. The bars are a pretty low rise (stock steel off an XR650R). I needed the '05 throttle cable for extra length. The brake line/E brake were long enough) all the other wires had to be extended which was a pretty big job.

Had a crash once where I went over the bars and forced them forward (its a pretty big lever held by friction). This stuck the throttle on somehow, luckily no one was hurt. I've thought about drilling and pinning these into position.

Mark

Attachments

• Powermadd.jpg
    Powermadd.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 162

Back