• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS mechanical cam chain tension problem bulletin

Great Escapes Motorsports..Traverse City, MI

I heard it from a friend who's dealer is in Wisconsin first. it was posted under the Tech Section on Johndee.com

I figured I would post it and try to save the 120's reputation...LOL

RSVECTORFREAK said:

I heard it from a friend who's dealer is in Wisconsin first. it was posted under the Tech Section on Johndee.com

I'm gonna be talking to my dealer tomorrow, and asking about this. If they claim they don't know anything about this, I'm likely to be calling your dealer.

Here's a thought: wonder if your dealer wants to share the bulletin number or recall number that we can post on this site? He's probably getting hundreds of phone calls from panicking owners like myself. I'm obviously gonna wait until tomorrow after I talk with my dealer, as I'm hoping they will be as proactive as Great Escapes. Just a thought. ;)!

I tell ya....if my dealer takes care of me like yours, I'm gonna walk out of there like I duck a bullet. The mere thought of that chain letting go makes me sick to my stomach. Thanks for the info!!!!!

HeyBrownDog said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:

I'm gonna be talking to my dealer tomorrow, and asking about this. If they claim they don't know anything about this, I'm likely to be calling your dealer.

Here's a thought: wonder if your dealer wants to share the bulletin number or recall number that we can post on this site? He's probably getting hundreds of phone calls from panicking owners like myself. I'm obviously gonna wait until tomorrow after I talk with my dealer, as I'm hoping they will be as proactive as Great Escapes. Just a thought. ;)!

The mere thought of that chain letting go makes me sick to my stomach.

Especially if the sled is out of warranty!

PJVMAX said:
I just called my dealer and they know nothing about this. Can anyone provide a bulletin or recall number?
I also called my dealer................. He said "WHAT" ???????????????????? MM.

I talked with my dealer after reading this post and he informed me that there is a change up to the cam timing chain tensioner, but it is listed as an upgrade, not as a service bulletin. No recalls acording to him.

Talked to Yamaha Dealer in Minocqua on Friday & he said every dealer
should know about this recall. He said dealers will replace this adjuster
only if it is making noises. He said if your dealer nows nothing about it
then you better find a better dealer. This is supposed to be about a 7 hr.
job. Must remove engine.

rupprider said:
Read the latest Snotech magazine, it ain't a secret. (except to the dealers who don't care to read thier mail.!) IMO

What issue number and what page number please? Went to the snotech mag website and came up emtpy. Also went to snowmobileworld.com who have a great listing of yamaha recalls and service bulletins(http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/f ... .php?f=136)
and came up emtpy again....

ken0la said:
rupprider said:
Read the latest Snotech magazine, it ain't a secret. (except to the dealers who don't care to read thier mail.!) IMO

What issue number and what page number please? Went to the snotech mag website and came up emtpy. Also went to snowmobileworld.com who have a great listing of yamaha recalls and service bulletins(http://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/f ... .php?f=136)
and came up emtpy again....

The latest issue, mine arrived 2 days ago.

been there

I just had my 06 vector stop wednesday 1/4 mile from home. Just like I hit the kill switch. Sounds funny when cranking over. Dealer said it sounds like the cam tensioner. It is covered under warranty. He said if they go too long like that that it will strip the gear on the cranksaft and will have to rebuild the whole motor from bottom up. He said small chance it also could be the stator.

Can anyone tell me what side of the motor the chain and tensioner is on? I want to see if I can tell if all of my rattling noise is the clutch or possbily the chain tensioner? Thanks, G.B.

RSVECTORFREAK said:

Who is the dealer in Wisconsin please?

Back