• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx-1 2005 Turbo Cranks but won't start, IDK what to do...Help!

Right front corner of the sled. You already posted a pic of it, your 2nd post in this thread shows the oil tank & dipstick perfectly. Where you hooked up the battery charger, its right behind the red lead. Unplug the wiring, unthread it, wipe off the oil. Put dipstick back in, but don't thread it in. Pull it back out, then check the level.

You really need someone to go over this sled with you, as there is alot for you to learn, as evidenced by your questions. First buy this.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-RX-1...ash=item5426f73728:g:eO4AAOSwT4lWSy1z&vxp=mtr

Then I would also take the sled to the builder to get further educated.
So i found the owners manuel online and read through it so its all good. But there is a sound coming from where the belt is located, when its in idle. It sounds like vibrations...7

When sitting on the sled, the oil tank is on the right side when you open the hood. When you open the hood, you will see what is called a delta box. A big piece of aluminum in what looks like a horse shoe, the oil tank is outside of it, right corner. You will see couple hoses going to the top of it. Then there electrical plug in going to, unplug it. Unthread dipstick, wipe oil off. Then set dipstick off, just set it in, don't thread in, Pull it back out, check the oil level.
Thanks you!

Behind the red lead is the dipstick.
31e794fcc3536d2266c80bc74798fcab.jpg

You are probably hearing normal clutch noise. It should quiet down as your motor RPM's come up.
It the noise different than you had heard before?

The rattle in the Yamaha clutches are normal he is saying that it goes away when you add throttle and get above 2000 rpms that should clear up. The motor also has a reduction gear because the motor turns at 10,300 ish rpms and the clutches are reduced to a safe range around 8000 rpms that also makes a little noise at idle.

I would seriously recomend that you get a turbo blanket befor you melt the cowl. I have relatively the same set up and my turbo was an inferno without the blanket.... Also as mentioned without an AFR and boost gauge you are playing with fire on a carb set up......btw I prefer the carb set up to fi. Only because you have to keep the tune rather than relying on a computer.....just my 2c. Ps) sounds like you may have a stock clutch -if so change it as it will do wonders to your acceleration.

31e794fcc3536d2266c80bc74798fcab.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I do have a boost gauge. How will I know if the cowl melts?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back