• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Racing Reports

Raced my buddies 2000 XCR 800 several times:

- Earlier in the season when we had snow my 100% stock 05 RX-1 ER would clean him off the line by about 4 sled lengths, stay there until 80+ and then start pulling ahead again. I was a good 3 mph (estimated) faster on top.

- He then made a few mods - Boysen reeds (replacing VForce 2's), jetting, clutching, tuneup, etc. Now top speed we are neck and neck, but with more ice than snow around he takes me all the way to 80+ by a lot (144 studs vs unstudded ripsaw). Hopefully we'll get some snow sometime...

Raced Flippers Vector on the weekend:

- again icy conditions with 1/2" of granular on top... His 144 studs vs my unstudded ripsaw cleans me by about 5+ sled lengths, but then I started reeling him in starting around 40 mph.

To stud or not to stud.... (never been into drag racing and my RX is set up for no weight transfer - tight limiter and weight transfer set at zero).

On tight twisty and bumpy trails (or any trail for that matter), so far no one can touch me and my 05 RX-1 (unless it's very icy...).

Not too bad for a 100% stock sled IMO.

junkie,
You're in luck. I have a friend with a Mach Z. He has nitrous just like you, and lives in Clarkston. Races on White Lake and Anchor Bay. This will be apples to apples. 2 1000 nos sleds. Let me know if you want to meet him.

I raced my kid on his 1993 Polaris Super Sport 440.

It was neck and neck for a while, until we went.

Clarkston is west of Pontiac. He was in the youpee last week. White lake is near clarkston. They race every week-end. The best lower Mich place to race is on Lake Sinclair at Anchor Bay. That is where the big boys go.

Look at a map.

Was out on Anchor Bay yesterday.Couldn't hook up at ALL(03 shorty).Pro-action + finger track= no traction, even with 192 studs . Anybody else see the plow truck fall through the ice ? :shock:

ya im a big boy 6'3 275!! the UP has some good snow!! maybe i'll see him up there sometime!! its a snowbike not an icebike. cant see running a lake all day. i like railing coners, catching a view, and if some wants to race so be it. its just a stock sled, with a little nitrous. the buds i ride have pipes/ported/polished/reeds/and a more jets than northwestern airlines. i use to be just like them. now its just a little more fun, not having to deal with all that. a little nos goes a long way. open the bottle and i can swear it starts to laugh!! funny thing is that there is always someone faster!!!! :4STroke:

got my 03 shorty new last year...totally stock. my buddies 2000 thundercat would take me every time.

got the ecp/hh and the cat still got me...

the mp extension and 136 ripsaw finally showed (thanks matt) and the tables are now turned...he doesnt say much, but his wife says he is pi$$ed...waiting for a chance at my other friends 05 f7...he got me with the ecp/hh and stock track in icy conditions. i think things might be different now...

Skydog - I was running 60 horse of nitrous, and the turbo was at 7-8 lbs. He was picked 240 in the center, so he got bite right away, but I stuck with him, but still admit defeat. The next run was full boost, but I will let someone else report what happened.

I don't want to report who's turbo, because of what happened. Not pretty!

Aw C'mon Terry,

You're making it sound like someone got hurt or something.

Just tell us the turbo blowed up real good tryin ta beat cha and a guy in the group who didn't want to ride anymore was all happy because he got to stay there in the bar and guard the blowed up sled while youse guys went and got da trailer dare hey.

Is that sort of true?

I admit defeat, not by much, but I admit it.

Lots of oil, and a ticked off owner. But is was a RX1, and am glad to say the Yamahas were the fastest out there.

SledderSteve - Close, but the turbo didn't let go, the engine did.

Back