• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SE ride quality - Compared to LE Qs3r

In setup trails the CA's are hard steering Pilots aren't. They are what I would call a neutral ski. Very slight push in powder but rock in everything else.

In setup trails the CA's are hard steering Pilots aren't. They are what I would call a neutral ski. Very slight push in powder but rock in everything else.

Thanks

Is mounting a problem or just bolt them on with stock Yamaha rubber and bolt?

My 14 came with cat skis the Pilots just bolt right on using the cat rubber and bolt. Current tuner rubber not sure.

That's actually a really good deal seeing how the Canadian dollar is worth 24% less than the US dollar. It would be a lot cheaper for me to go up there and buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might want to check into that more. I believe there might be a warranty issue.

Okay .. Made some adjustments on my SE. First I noticed the carbides on my SLT ski are worn pretty heavy in the front.. I had shims on them, but I installed slightly thicker ones. Next I went to the limiter straps and actually found another hole under the washer .. So they have 5 holes in them, and now I have mine in number one(longest length).. Next the front suspension shock under the limiter straps. Going off What Cannondale said(who knows his shock SH*&).. I moved spring on shock until the coils that are tight together were about 1/8 apart.. These coils are kind of hard to see but if you use a light and pull the rubber booty thing off to one side you can see them with light. Next I set the front shock springs about dead even as far as shock threads go.. So 2 inches of thread from top of collar to the end of the threads on top. Heading up Thursday to the cabin in the UP.. Will report back..

Sled info.. 192 studs 1.325.. SLT skis w/7.5 shapers.

I spent the day installing 6.9s on the 137LE among several other things to get it dialed in.... I will post a thread on the install, I am rather anal about pilots being shimmed(running properly level to ground) and spent some time trimming the rubbers so they have natural shimming and will wear well and not dart.

What I will say is, this sled feels like i just added EPS...wow.

Dan

Great to have you here and wrenching on this sled Dan...
Where can one find a set of these skis anyways

Dan , i'm not familiar with the pilots. Are all the 6.9's the same or was there changes made to them over the years? Do they need to be modified to fit properly?

C&A pro RZ with a 9" shaper if your a aggressive rider. If your a mild rider go with something else. I have 600plus miles on them and it handles amazing

C&A pro RZ with a 9" shaper if your a aggressive rider. If your a mild rider go with something else. I have 600plus miles on them and it handles amazing

Got 900 miles with the same setup and reluctant to change as its point and go. My bud has an 850 and he's actually wanting to change skis cause I'm pushing him through the trail. We have been riding together for years and are similar riders. We know when something is working better than the other.

If I can do the same with lighter steering and a little reduced darting I would definitely do it. Just seems weird that u can put the pilots on, crank the centre shock way up and rail through the trails with no inside ski lift or push.

I will try this setup and report back. If it's true I will definitely let everyone know

Last edited:
Where does the standard center shock valving fall in as compaired to the qs3 center shock?
Is it closer to 1 2 or 3 position?

Back