• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SE ride quality - Compared to LE Qs3r

Interesting, up here in Canadastan, they are a couple of grand more, but we always get bent over, even by Bombardier, whom we subsidize every year. LOL

SJ no a SE will not ride as well as a LE since shocks can be adjusted to rider much more closely but the SE package is darn good too. Better center shock spring wise in my opinion but that's a minor mod. If its a Orange one the SE is also the hottest looking sled on snow this year too me at least! Although I do really like the all black and red striped DX too.

Interesting, up here in Canadastan, they are a couple of grand more, but we always get bent over, even by Bombardier, whom we subsidize every year. LOL

That's actually a really good deal seeing how the Canadian dollar is worth 24% less than the US dollar. It would be a lot cheaper for me to go up there and buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE has NO rebound adjuster on center shock. Shock is awesome. Spring is no good(helper spring). Rider weight from 300lb trail rider to 150lb XC racer. Pretty much wrong for all if riding hard. Can be adjusted enough but then you lose almost all benefit of the dual rate setup.
So steve,on my 137 ltx-le the dule rate spring sucks,man I haven't even run it yet lol do you suggest I change it,now that its out on my floor,i can get to it much easier,so can you give me the proper spring to install,and do I change out both sections? Thanks,so how you making out on my other project?

put some doo 6.9s skis on ,that will fix the problem
Yes,i wish my 5.7's were 6.9,s but for now that is what will go on,i may want to change out the 7.5 shapers,because on my 13 cat turbo,it did twitch around some,and had kinda heavy steering,but went where I pointed it,i like the older pilots,they work great and are cheap to buy. Krm,do you have them on your winder? And has it gotten any faster,i remember early on,you said your doo was beating it,wonder if it got any better?

So
Ok guys....after catching up.....Im not sure anyone really answered me? LOL

Plain and simple, will the SE shocks ride anywhere near as amazing as the almighty QS3r setup? I only ask cause I can only buy a SE right now, otherwise I will just wait for the LE spring order.

Also, im gonna be setting up buddies SW LE 137 here this week, skis and suspension to get rid of the crazy heavy nose/steering feeling it came out of the crate with....man just bizarre they can let a sled come out setup like this with skis that were designed for EPS and ZERO transfer.

Will report back once I get this LE dialed in, dying to see if I can make it as fun and light/playful as my 1200XS is, which is etec like in tight stuff now with my setup.

Dan
sounds like your going to be better off with the LE.... Before setting up your buddy's Sidewinder I'm not sure which skis he's running but at the very least you should install shaper bar minimum 6" outside and 7.5" or bigger on the inside (if using tuners) because if it still has the stock carbides or round bar you'll be chasing your tail in setups, by the sounds of your riding style.

I certainly can't answer you exact question...but I can tell you this. I love my LTX-SE Leaps and bounds better than my previous procross chassis sleds in both 800 2 stroke and 4 stroke. I think it handles great (minus shitty ski's) I have done very little tweaking and it just keeps getting better. I DO NOT feel it is front end heavy at all. Only thing i need to elminate is the push in the corners, and that is a direct result of the crappy tuner 3 skis. Going to try a set of 2016 Procross ski's this weekend. If i were you...and I was a month ago. (I bought an Axys 800 Pro S switchback and put 13 miles on a Saturday...sold it Sunday...bought a sidewinder Monday) I would not be afraid of buying an SE if thats all that is available. The money savings will be good as dealers will not want to sit on inventory (I paid equivalent of $12,500US) , plus you will be riding THIS year not next...that's worth something to me anyways. For sure there will be improvements for 2018...but there always is. Like you I bought a 2012 cat turbo when they first came out...I swore up and down I would not make that mistake again buying first year iron...but guess what...life is short, if financially doable, buy now and ride the hell out of it for rest of year.

Please give feedback on the 2016 cat skis. I was thinking about trying some also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I certainly can't answer you exact question...but I can tell you this. I love my LTX-SE Leaps and bounds better than my previous procross chassis sleds in both 800 2 stroke and 4 stroke. I think it handles great (minus shitty ski's) I have done very little tweaking and it just keeps getting better. I DO NOT feel it is front end heavy at all. Only thing i need to elminate is the push in the corners, and that is a direct result of the crappy tuner 3 skis. Going to try a set of 2016 Procross ski's this weekend. If i were you...and I was a month ago. (I bought an Axys 800 Pro S switchback and put 13 miles on a Saturday...sold it Sunday...bought a sidewinder Monday) I would not be afraid of buying an SE if thats all that is available. The money savings will be good as dealers will not want to sit on inventory (I paid equivalent of $12,500US) , plus you will be riding THIS year not next...that's worth something to me anyways. For sure there will be improvements for 2018...but there always is. Like you I bought a 2012 cat turbo when they first came out...I swore up and down I would not make that mistake again buying first year iron...but guess what...life is short, if financially doable, buy now and ride the hell out of it for rest of year.
Thanks bud, I remember you and I used to talk alot on HCS in those 2012 procross days...nice to see you ended up here too. I am talking with dealer, and very well might do something on the SE 129 he has left still.....Just dont want to kick myself if it gets rough and I miss the qs3r. I know I could buy them, but not sure if its cost effective.

Dan

on another note...and please people don't bash me for saying...if you are ok with Team clutches....there are thundercat's and zr 9000 LTD's out there available on showroom floors that have the qs3r. A friend of mine already wrote off his sno checked thundercat, and was able to buy another one.
Interesting you mention this...My dealer has several cat turbo 998s he will sell me for less...isnt that funny how the yams sell and cats dont? I have heard they are working fine with the team setup, so I dont have an issue there, but I do have an issue with how poorly cat treated me on warranty items in 12, so that reason alone would keep me gunshy of that company. And ofcourse i want to come back home to yam clutches...;)

Dan

I have buds LE here in my shop now next to my doo.....will be setting it all up tomorrow, I am a huge proponent of Pilots on my apex and procross in 2012, and will stick with my recipe for handling on buds SW. 6.9s on these 4s sleds are king, and ironically cheaper BY FAR then just about any other aftermarket ski.

Im going to do a thread on the skis install , as I have been getting PMs about it here and on DT.

Dan

I have buds LE here in my shop now next to my doo.....will be setting it all up tomorrow, I am a huge proponent of Pilots on my apex and procross in 2012, and will stick with my recipe for handling on buds SW. 6.9s on these 4s sleds are king, and ironically cheaper BY FAR then just about any other aftermarket ski.

Im going to do a thread on the skis install , as I have been getting PMs about it here and on DT.

Dan
I love the 6.9's too but they are getting harder to find and some anal people are uppity if hauling in a 2place trailer unless triton have to overlap skis. Curves same thing. Would like to try the Polaris skis but they put Polaris molded right on the front of them.

I love the 6.9's too but they are getting harder to find and some anal people are uppity if hauling in a 2place trailer unless triton have to overlap skis. Curves same thing. Would like to try the Polaris skis but they put Polaris molded right on the front of them.
BRP recently(this fall?) just released the part numbers again to dealers, while they are not in catalogs, dealers now can get them again after about 3 seasons or so, of being discontinued. Through the past 3 seasons Leaders Skidoo on ebay has always sold them, and where I typically got them at great pricing.

I agree with the extra width overall for trailers....but also interestingly this is why they work so well, adding a slight amount of width to the overall stance, and having a unique distance between the center and outer carbide, unlike the ultra common 5.7

Dan

BRP recently(this fall?) just released the part numbers again to dealers, while they are not in catalogs, dealers now can get them again after about 3 seasons or so, of being discontinued. Through the past 3 seasons Leaders Skidoo on ebay has always sold them, and where I typically got them at great pricing.

I agree with the extra width overall for trailers....but also interestingly this is why they work so well, adding a slight amount of width to the overall stance, and having a unique distance between the center and outer carbide, unlike the ultra common 5.7

Dan

Dan I have the c&a razors which are a little heavy in steering effort but are very predictable in the corners when riding hard.

Have you run the c&a skis? I'm interested in trying the 6.9 skis but if they push in the corners I'm not interested

Thanks

Dan
Cool! I did not know they started making them again! Looks like I will be sticking to them then. Saved my butt on a very late season ride when daughter totally wore out the center carbides. Just put the outside in place right in gas station and finished another whole day of riding!

Dan I have the c&a razors which are a little heavy in steering effort but are very predictable in the corners when riding hard.

Have you run the c&a skis? I'm interested in trying the 6.9 skis but if they push in the corners I'm not interested

Thanks
Anything pushes a little compared to CA's.

Back