• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

servo motor/electric reverse does yours ever act up

snowbeast

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
FACEBOOK
yes
YOUTUBE
yes
Having problems trying to engage reverse after hard running with heavy throttle,and than slowing to a stop,and trying to turn around using reverse,it gives a code SD-26 and will not engage reverse until you shut down motor and restart clears code,than it will go into reverse and back up. Has anyone else had this happen to there winder? And what was required to repair it?

Like when you miss a turn Pete?
Is the pawl engaged with the extension when in forward? Deflection of belt tight?

Under the hood their is two relays in the fuse box. One relay for forward and one for reverse.
I had one go bad and got the same code. But my shift to forward relay was bad and it would stay in reverse.

Like when you miss a turn Pete?
Is the pawl engaged with the extension when in forward? Deflection of belt tight?
Yes steve,like when you miss a turn,not sure about the pawl,but belt is set correct.

Under the hood their is two relays in the fuse box. One relay for forward and one for reverse.
I had one go bad and got the same code. But my shift to forward relay was bad and it would stay in reverse.
Ya i might have to check out those relays,it dosent stay in reverse,just dosent want to engage so it can back up,until i shut off the motor.

At the end of last year I noticed that when I engaged reverse that it was louder and engaged hard. I replaced the upper bushing during summer service and now it is quieter and no hard engage. These machines are like high end cars that require more service than everyday vehicles. Annual go through is needed. Gotta pay if we're going to play.

At the end of last year I noticed that when I engaged reverse that it was louder and engaged hard. I replaced the upper bushing during summer service and now it is quieter and no hard engage. These machines are like high end cars that require more service than everyday vehicles. Annual go through is needed. Gotta pay if we're going to play.
What bushing did you end up using for the top gear.....I can't find the 60695K7 McMaster bushing locally..... do you have a part number and manufacturer of what you used.
Thanks

What bushing did you end up using for the top gear.....I can't find the 60695K7 McMaster bushing locally..... do you have a part number and manufacturer of what you used.
Thanks
I went to Canadian Bearing and purchased #EP161816 p/m sleeve brng. It was installed flush on the outside and the slight overhang isn't a problem but could be made flush. I also had to use emery cloth on a drill bit to open up for proper fit. I'm at just over one thou clearance. I also am using Amsoil chaincase oil.

Another thing to check is belt tension. I used to think it didn't matter, but turns out I was wrong as a tight belt can cause that code because it won't let the shift happen.

I went to Canadian Bearing and purchased #EP161816 p/m sleeve brng. It was installed flush on the outside and the slight overhang isn't a problem but could be made flush. I also had to use emery cloth on a drill bit to open up for proper fit. I'm at just over one thou clearance. I also am using Amsoil chaincase oil.
Thanks for the details ..... I will call them tomorrow
Cheers

Can you show a blown up pic of this bushing you guys are speaking of??

Here
AC90B84A-78E6-462A-BCF6-53781328AFD7.jpeg
5BE8C518-682E-4D9D-9EA9-61E90B78B908.jpeg

I just replaced the top gear with a new gear assembly .... The original one has 2500 kms.... minimal wear just one small area... however I figure this came from poor quality installation at the factory assembly level.... Notice the shaft spline marks on the sleeve bearing coating.... I figure a small burr caused the small area of surface coating wear.

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_173035_resized_20200917_080828766.jpg
    IMG_20200917_173035_resized_20200917_080828766.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200917_173006_resized_20200917_080828920.jpg
    IMG_20200917_173006_resized_20200917_080828920.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Back