• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

servo motor/electric reverse does yours ever act up

At the end of last year I noticed that when I engaged reverse that it was louder and engaged hard. I replaced the upper bushing during summer service and now it is quieter and no hard engage. These machines are like high end cars that require more service than everyday vehicles. Annual go through is needed. Gotta pay if we're going to play.[/QUOT
I also was getting a hard engage into reverse and was getting worse as time went by, at 3500km my top bushing was completely gone, top gear had major wobble on shaft. When I opened up the case there was a substantial amount of particles from the bushing wearing all over the internal parts, couldn’t believe how bad the bushing was.

I just replaced the top gear with a new gear assembly .... The original one has 2500 kms.... minimal wear just one small area... however I figure this came from poor quality installation at the factory assembly level.... Notice the shaft spline marks on the sleeve bearing coating.... I figure a small burr caused the small area of surface coating wear.
That one is interesting. I wonder if it was tighter fit to the shaft than normal? Thinking that would have put the spline marks in it when installing and removing. Thats really minimal wear. Good thing! Maybe tighter fit helps? Also looks like the bushing is sticking out of gear more than factory.

That one is interesting. I wonder if it was tighter fit to the shaft than normal? Thinking that would have put the spline marks in it when installing and removing. Thats really minimal wear. Good thing! Maybe tighter fit helps? Also looks like the bushing is sticking out of gear more than factory.
I ran the chain with approx 1/8" travel on the chain tensioner. The spline marks were on the original top gear.... There was no play on this gear, just lubrication clearance ... It also came off easily.... I really believe the spline marks were due to poor quality installation.... As installation has to be made simultaneously with chain and lower gear, I feel the original factory assembler just wedge forced the top gear on because the spline marks don't go completely across the bearing width..... The new OEM gear fits exactly the same as the original one I removed..... I also ran 15oz of chain lube.... This sled is also multi-map tuned with the majority of the mileage on Cochrane/Timmins trails.

Last edited:

Back