• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shagman and NOS-PRO are now the new owners of Thunder Products

Question to the new owners .I'm going to purchase the big venom for my stock viper and wondered if I should go to the orange secondary spring as opposed to the one that comes with the kit.

Question to the new owners .I'm going to purchase the big venom for my stock viper and wondered if I should go to the orange secondary spring as opposed to the one that comes with the kit.
The kit was designed to run the blue spring. Your better off to stay with that.

Confused on blue vs. orange spring.... I thought there was some late breaking news last spring that he orange spring was better than the initial design with the blue spring, so why are you recommending blue? Maybe I've missed something on this but that's what I recall Lonn saying....

Confused on blue vs. orange spring.... I thought there was some late breaking news last spring that he orange spring was better than the initial design with the blue spring, so why are you recommending blue? Maybe I've missed something on this but that's what I recall Lonn saying....
I believe the orange spring was for Sidewinder not a Viper. Upton44 is asking about a Viper.

Well I ordered the kit up here in canada and ordered with the blue spring.looking forward to see how it performs.i know from reading on these forums for awhile now that the new owners are going to be great help to set this kit up.best of luck guys

Originally for Sidewinder but Lonn said many on the viper like it more than the blue spring. (Just spoke to him) Can be used on Stock Viper.

I have my on 3-2 wrap with a airbox mod and exhaust. Will run it this season...

Originally for Sidewinder but Lonn said many on the viper like it more than the blue spring. (Just spoke to him) Can be used on Stock Viper.

I have my on 3-2 wrap with a airbox mod and exhaust. Will run it this season...
If you have mods you can run the orange spring. But if you are stock you are better with the blue spring.

Very cool story for everyone....

When the RX1 came out, I purchased heavy hitter weights from Thunder Products thru @BlueByYou2000 . These weights put my RX1 into the 9's on asphalt and was a kick-butt setup on the trail. Met Lonn at Novi snow show one of those RX1 years and thanked him for the amazing weights that he sells.

Thru the years, testing clutch weights became an obsession and we were always looking for the best setup.

When the SR Viper came out, I was one of the lucky members to actually ride the prototype sleds and knew that the SR Viper needed a lot of work in the clutching department. Shagman and I worked with a bunch of weights to get the Viper to our liking, but a phone call from Lonn immediately made us a believer that Thunder Products was the kit to use in the Viper. After extensive testing, Shagman and myself created the kit that Thunder Products sells today. Along with that came a friendship bond that could not be broken between Lonn, Tim (shagman) and myself. As the years went by, the Sidewinder was introduced to the public and with the flashes that were being developed....good adjustable clutching would be needed. Tim and I once again created a clutch kit for the Sidewinder that Thunder Products sells today. As with the clutch kits, the secondary belt adjuster was made by me and the orange secondary spring was created and tested by Tim and I to eliminate the coil binding.

It was not too long after this that Lonn approached both of us and asked if we would like to purchase the business...we gladly accepted.

Lonn is and will still continue to work with us as a very close friend and helper with the business.

Wow hopefully you can make it a full time thing Terry. Always figured something like this would be coming with you. Congratulations you two!

Thanks bud!

Was hard to keep quiet about it...been in the works for a long time.

Back