• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder motor in pro rmk

I think your wasting your time and money buy the new 850 Doo turbo and be done with it.

Your way off motor weights. A dressed apex engine which is 8lbs heavier then a nytro engine is 140lbs now add a turbo and your near 160. 113lbs for a nytro motor is just a hunk of aluminum. No TB's, fuel injection, turbo, exhaust, header, intercooler, PCM, etc. It all adds up. Not trying to discourage, I have been down the same path. Good luck

What Kinger said sounds more like it.

I have a spare nytro motor, I will try and weigh it in the next few weeks when I can make time to dig it out. Obviously the weights we were discussing isnt with the harness, exhaust, turbo. But to me that's not quite as important because I think that weight would be very similar to the same parts on most 2strokes.

To me the main difference in weight will come from the different block design and the 3rd cylinder, piston, rod, longer crank. And the extra weight of a chaincase with reverse vs a belt drive.

It just seems so feasible to do the swap and then do some lightweight parts and be very close to stock weight.

This is great! I'm sure they have some lightweight parts on there but they are using the older rx1 motors. Which are a 4 cylinder vs the nytro and sidewinder which are 3 cylinders. Also one is in a axys chassis like I would like to do.

This seems more and more do able weight wise.

If you have the time build the sled you want you will not regret it. It will be a one of a kind. And if anything should happen when you are out there you will know every detail of it. As for weight it will be interesting to see how it weighs up to others. As for the turbo system figure adding 30 pounds, the turbo itself weighs 18-20

I'm not very worried about turbo weight. So many people are putting turbos on the 2 strokes now that clearly that extra weight isnt bad. I look at it like if I remove the stock can from the 800 that's the weight of the turbo kit basically

Last edited:
Don't forget the oil pan and oil weight. Plus only option is electric start. So starter weight is in their too

I plan on weighing my spare nytro motor with the oil pan, starter, clutch, throttle bodies, fuel rail/injectors and exhaust manifiold (not the 3-1 collector). That was I'm 100% confident in what it weighs. Also have a spare harness and battery I can weigh. Although it's not one of the lightweight batteries.

The only problem with the rxpro build is the lack of reverse, cause they are using all Polaris drivetrain. To me that is not a option, so I am using the apex chain case. It’s tough and fairly simple and will add 5-10 lbs but then you don’t have to worry about breakage in the backcountry and have reverse to get you out of the ugly situations

Yea I need reverse. I was also thinking apex chaincase since it's a complete bolt on unit unlike the nytro.
I havnt been able to find any info on the sidewinder chaincase to see if it is a bolt on unit or not. Either way apex ones are all over the place cheap.

Back