• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder trail gas range.

100 miles of spirited riding Monday took 6.5 gallons, 16 Apex took exactly same, 6.5 gallons.

Ran mine out. 9.6 gallons to fill with a burp. Conditions and thumb pressure make a big difference in mileage.

With Max Spool 16 smm, 3 bar sensor, BOV and 22 top gear, I see a lot of 14.5 mpg for the way I ride. Give or take.

Conditions and throttle make a huge difference. With that being said, worst would be 13.5 and best was 17.8

When my light comes on, I still have over 2 gallons in mine. Buds is the same.

Is this Imperial?

These tanks will take darn close to 10US gallons when empty.

The specs are WRONG from YAM still to this day. Cat specs are correct.

Dan

Agree, the specs are wrong! I had to baby it on our trip this year as we missed a gas stop. I pulled into the gas station on fumes and ended up putting 9.912 U.S. Gallons in. I did not like that feeling of running out and having to feather the throttle the last 15 miles.

Agree, the specs are wrong! I had to baby it on our trip this year as we missed a gas stop. I pulled into the gas station on fumes and ended up putting 9.912 U.S. Gallons in. I did not like that feeling of running out and having to feather the throttle the last 15 miles.
Wow, that was DAMN LOW!! haha...

When I was on the MaxSpool 17 290hp with SQ muffler I could easily get 120miles and have gas left in the tank, now for some reason on MaxSpool 16 with stock muffler I can barely get to 120miles. It's weird but that's reality lol
Yep. Less restrictive muffler nets better mileage.
Maybe for long trips we should be running a 300hp tune lol

I check my mileage as often as I can. I'm getting 13MPG and I'm 100% stock. So, 120-130 miles I should be out.

I check my mileage as often as I can. I'm getting 13MPG and I'm 100% stock. So, 120-130 miles I should be out.
That is very common stock ......and 14 to 14.5mpg for tuned 998s. Exact same as my Apex got many yrs ago, and darn close to my 12004tec. I call it darn good for so much more HP over all those previous rides.

Dan

Only checked it a few times. Mostly around 15 which I think is great for so much HP. When it gets down be "E", I just put more in! Of course, that's assuming "more" is readily available. It's better than my trail mod ZR900 2 stroke ever was for sure. That one got maybe 8. 10 if I was really nice to it but what fun is that!

I'm 100% stock and take around 7 gallons at 100 miles. I ride with 4 Vipers, another 18 winder and a 18 Tcat. Me and the other winder are usually within 1/2 gallon of the Vipers. My buddy on the Tcat is usually taking around 8-9 gallons at 100 miles but he uses the flipper as a on/off switch and he knows it. We call him the harasser cause if he's behind you he's on your snow flap like he wants to steal it. Its hard to say really how fast you ride but with the ride command app we average 200 miles in 6.5 to 7 hours, that's with breaks included in the time. We stop every 25-30 miles for a break and they are around 15 minutes or so.

For normal trail riding between 30 and 65 MPH i get close to 15 mpg pretty consistantly so between 130 - 140 on a tank. i did run a few times to 125 and the light was not on yet. TD max Spool16. It gets the same as girlfriends stock viper and i can notice it is better with tune than it was stock.

Rode my Apex for my last ride this week. I was shocked at how much more efficient Sidewinder with tune is. Caught myself worrying about gas a 100 miles on Apex where with the winder have a ways to go yet.

Just got back from from Quebec. Had scratchers down a fair bit and also run a Slim Jim which is a bit harder on fuel.
According to my math i figure you could get 210-215 km out of tank.

This was steady 80-120 kmph running and not a lot of wot,

MS

Well boys, did the same loop as I did last Saturday. Trail condo hard and fast. Last time I was at 220kms when light came on. This time my light came on at 242 kms! I thought, wow even better gas mileage then last time!!! WRONGO. 500 yards from where I ran out last week I run out again. Mileage on dash 244, exact same as last week except this time only 2 km of warning. Not a great feeling. Had my Linq tank so no biggie but from 24kms of reserve to 2, not impressed.

Back