• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder windshield

Well the hanguard on the throttle side worked great but on the brake side it was very cold on fingers. I need to move it a bit. As far as without them very cold not much protection around the hands.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toby, there is a dootalk member (Markos) who makes handguards. I have never heard of anyone not happy. If you can't find. I can try and help.

I put this one on mine and rode yesterday and it is surprisingly warm and looks great.I just trimmed the tabs off so it blocks some wind.
2d552d806352b969051bb828c5cce2d2.jpg

I like it best of whats avail and just got one...want to trim the tab better and finish it off more...otherwise my anal eye will be looking at the cut...

I just bought the POWERMADD and hope it will be great... I'll post some pics soon

me too...

to the guy who had the cold brake hand...your handguard isnt indexed out enough>? the coverage should be equal?

I checked it out and it was in about a half inch from the plastic switch area. Also it was up some compared to the throttle side. We will try it on the next ride and hopefully it's warmer.

I like it best of whats avail and just got one...want to trim the tab better and finish it off more...otherwise my anal eye will be looking at the cut...

Ya I thought about cutting the whole tab off but thought it might help with wind protection. I might get some rubber trim and finish it off.

I checked it out and it was in about a half inch from the plastic switch area. Also it was up some compared to the throttle side. We will try it on the next ride and hopefully it's warmer.

dont forget the handguard has spacers , make sure the guard is indexed so the guard is far left..

Ya I thought about cutting the whole tab off but thought it might help with wind protection. I might get some rubber trim and finish it off. That's what I did to my Viper windshield. I took the trim off my stock Viper windshield and ran it around the tabs. I had to heat it up to make the sharp bend but it worked. It melts easy so move the flame quickly

I also bought the Powermadd 14" low tinted windshield . Talked to customer support about fitting a sidewinder whereas the pic on their site , is of that windshield on a Viper. She said it was just a generic pic and it will fit my sled.

Put it on and it does fit with a bit of struggle. Not a perfect fit on back holes but able to elongate hole just a bit!

Looks good and will offer much better wind protection then the stock windshield but the fit is not great!
The front is about 1/4" too long with an extra hole on very front center??
Windshield front and mid would need to be trimmed to fit on dash shelf like the stock one but damn choices are few at this point.

image.jpeg
image.png
Quick way to add 4 inches.

Had a black Rx1 window off my 2003 kicking around. I held it up to my Winder and the top area had the same curvature. Do to the window I put on been a tad on the low side I wanted add a little height. I trimmed the bottom of the Rx1 window down and then added pegs and grommets from Ski-doo so I can now snap it on and off when needed. It gives me about 4 more inches of more vertical area. Should work well.

I put this one on mine and rode yesterday and it is surprisingly warm and looks great.I just trimmed the tabs off so it blocks some wind.
2d552d806352b969051bb828c5cce2d2.jpg

Sharp..! Pretty sure your the guy I met at pro-tavern, in Gaylord.

Back