• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
Well its here and everybody has to say well would see what everybody has to say what's everyone have to say

It was good to hear that Yamaha was developing the new engine before the cat merger from chris

Unfortunately for MPI they were just a temporary bandaid

Unfortunately for MPI they were just a temporary bandaid
there's still a whole lot of vipers out there that people will be upgrading

Don't like that the xtx has a 2.25 track. Not really a crossover cause trail riding that is a big no.

I envy you guys being able to by a new sled..I had my days but now can't do it at all.. old age and lack of a good pension. Lot's of Arthritis to slow me down from working long hours.. I use to be able to work hard long hours and buy a new truck or snowmachine...still have the mind of a young man but hit a wall when I go to get moving mornings.. enjoy these new machines....I do wish I had one for power steering as my Attak is hard on my Arthritic shoulders.

Unfortunately for MPI they were just a temporary bandaid[/QUOTEf

New sled looks great. For me I'm just buying an mpi innercooler. Sidewinder doesn't do enough for me to trade my viper

Being that Yamaha developed this Engine/Turbo combination as a unit we can pretty well bank on the powertrain being reliable and refined. I would think that prior to any tweeking the HP will fall somewhere just shy of 180hp...175 or so.

I am a bit dispointed!

Nothing impressive!

dam right guys,anybody complaining now should be shot...cant be a Mitsubishi turbo system!!hands down quality and finally pulled it out huge,i hope cat doesn't leech this motor too...GOOD JOB YAMAHA..CANT IMAGINE WHAT THE APEX REPLACEMENT WILL BE

Back