• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Signed up a new 'Winder guy

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Well my riding partner is tired of 2 strokes.
For years he's watched my "heavy" 4-stroke whoop his DOO #*$&@ from the first corner to 350 miles in a day & never have a problem.
He rode an 850 for a whole day then rode my 'Winder for a whole day. He bought a Sidewinder!
He'll be signing up for TY soon.

His name is Steve also, but he's big & not as crazy. If i'm a Hummingbird on crack, he's more like a Condor. I think they're extinct, but it's the only huge bird i could think of besides Big Bird. Plus we all know Big Bird doesn't really exist.........and i've lost all respect for Sesame Street characters since they made the Cookie Monster sugar free...

Well done stevewithOCD. It's great to get another 'beeler on a 'Winder and joining the dark side to a 4-stroker.

I think the more other sledders get a chance to actually try a SW if they keep an open mind that they will see the light.

It's good to have bigger friends than you are when you're riding. I have a policy of never riding with anyone smaller than I am.

Just remember...."The bigger they are the harder they punch."

Hi All, I've been away from 4 strokes for a couple of years. Not sure why I gave up my Nytro for a skidoo XRS but I'm getting a 2nd chance to get back to a 4. The ski-don't took a hard hit and crumpled. Sooo disappointed in it.

I don't know the Sidewinder well nor have ridden one. After shopping around and looking hard I really want to buy one this weekend. I'm going after a LTX-SE. Would anyone have advice or an opinion on 2017 vs 2018. I can get a deal on '18 for $1000 more over a '17 but I have to drive a ways into Wisconsin for it. Is a 2018 worth it for an extra 1k or would 2017 be just as good and save me $$ and time.

Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated!!! I wanna pull the trigger soon.

Hi All, I've been away from 4 strokes for a couple of years. Not sure why I gave up my Nytro for a skidoo XRS but I'm getting a 2nd chance to get back to a 4. The ski-don't took a hard hit and crumpled. Sooo disappointed in it.

I don't know the Sidewinder well nor have ridden one. After shopping around and looking hard I really want to buy one this weekend. I'm going after a LTX-SE. Would anyone have advice or an opinion on 2017 vs 2018. I can get a deal on '18 for $1000 more over a '17 but I have to drive a ways into Wisconsin for it. Is a 2018 worth it for an extra 1k or would 2017 be just as good and save me $$ and time.

Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated!!! I wanna pull the trigger soon.
I recently bought a new left over 17 LTX-SE and I'm in love! Put 450 miles on last week in the UP and laughed when I blew the doors off of all the smack talkers in our group. The sled flat out rips! There are some good rebates out there as well as the 0% for 60 months too. You can't go wrong in my opinion. Good luck with your search and I can point you to some deals in Wisconsin if you want to PM me.

I recently bought a new left over 17 LTX-SE and I'm in love! Put 450 miles on last week in the UP and laughed when I blew the doors off of all the smack talkers in our group. The sled flat out rips! There are some good rebates out there as well as the 0% for 60 months too. You can't go wrong in my opinion. Good luck with your search and I can point you to some deals in Wisconsin if you want to PM me.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. I've pretty much done every search possible on craigslist from Minnesota, WI, and Iowa. Not much left in Minnesota. If you want an ''18 the best deal I could find was eastern WI. The 17 and 18 are pretty much identical from what I could find out. I was just thinking an '18 build might have a few of the minor issues worked out but that's just guessing on my part. I'm leaning on getting the 17 LTX-SE like you did. Glad you love it. This may sound weird but I actually miss the weight of the 4stroke... can't wait to get back on one!!!

I bought mine in eastern WI as well. I'm wondering if it was the same dealer. I can tell you the deal I got if you're interested. At least you will have an idea. This is the first 4 stroke sled I have owned and to be honest the extra weight isn't really felt at all. The power is super sneaky and very smoothe. None of my friends want to race me on the lake now. I think they are a little butt hurt after they all picked on me for buying a Yamaha and then get smoked so bad on a lake. A few of them rode it and loved it as well. I laughed each morning as they all went out to fill up their oil tanks and I watched them from the cabin LoL.

It's too bad the 850's are straight up dogs. They are running top speeds of a clutch 1200.
Skidoo really brainwashed those poor suckers.

Skidoo guy: "But it runs corner to corner really hard"

Me: Yeah, so does my 600......

Note: please don't respond, rather you go on dootalk and see for yourself. Makes me sick!

Dootalk topic:
2017 MXZX 850 top speed less than adequate

There's plenty more. Just alot of crying and wailing over there. Hahaha....garbage!

Last edited:
It's too bad the 850's are straight up dogs. They are running top speeds of a clutch 1200.

Note: please don't respond, rather you go on dootalk and see for yourself. Makes me sick!

Dootalk topic:

There's plenty more. Just alot of crying and wailing over there. Hahaha....garbage!
You seem bitter Joe! :rofl: I still go over there and read all the stuff. They are having more and more issues with the 850 engine this year. They aren't anywhere near 4 stroke reliable like Doo claims but they have sold a ton of them and that's all that matters. Bark has asked about you a couple times and I just told him you were enjoying your sled and TY.;)!

Thanks, joe.

Skidoo is like a Ponzi scheme.

Guys at the top are laughing it up. While guys at the bottom are spending $15,000 and don't know what to do? I don't find it funny to be honest. Skidoo riders are beside themselves. Reminds me of the '12 800etec. In that, when the sled decided it was running too hot, it would throw you over the handlebars like a bull that's had enough. Or did we forget about that. Lol!

I have an idea......get a Sidewinder & join TY!!!

Dootalk topic:

I rode the 850 and i won't knock it all. I didn't like the footwells & the lack of wind protection, but those are both fixable.
I love the adjustable ski runners & the rear end was better then my 'Winders'.
My 850 friend riding mine, commented how quite my 'Winder is. The 850 makes a very sad noise. My '07 Apex with 19,700 miles on it got in front of him & he couldn't catch me.
He destroyed a belt at 2200 miles that took us an hour to get out.
DOO has the best accessories & options then all the others combined. I like that you can pick your track also.
The "longevity" of this motor has yet to be determined.

BUT i like my 'Winder. PERIOD. . .

I'm seeing leftover SE's for 12,500 everywhere

I got my SELast March for 12,500. I love it. Haven't had any issues with it other than the headlight.

Well done stevewithOCD. It's great to get another 'beeler on a 'Winder and joining the dark side to a 4-stroker.

I think the more other sledders get a chance to actually try a SW if they keep an open mind that they will see the light.

It's good to have bigger friends than you are when you're riding. I have a policy of never riding with anyone smaller than I am.

Just remember...."The bigger they are the harder they punch."

The problem is, i think his sled may be nicer than mine!

Back