• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Signed up a new 'Winder guy

This sport is getting crazy! In Maine they now report "we are having our January thaw". The old timers never heard of this. They used to put fishing bobbers on their car antennas to find their cars.
It's not that we are getting less snow, it just gets warm during season & we lose the base every year now. It makes it difficult to plan trips.

The only way to get your money's worth in this sport is to be ready to go from New Years thru March & don't miss ANY opportunities.
And hopefully your boss understands.
Always been that way...got in lots of trouble from the wife with the little ones way back...but gotta go when you got the snow. PS...both kids love to ride now, and wife still hates it!!!
Nothing new really...1980 was so bad here in NY they had to make snow for the olympics. But whenever a lake storm hit, I hit tug hill. Thank God for Tug Hill or I'd quit....not gonna drive 6 hours to ride every week...tugs only an hour away.

I think most are over thinking that. I dare say all the “mods” have a dramatically higher failure rate than just running it with the stock Plumbing but I’m no expert.
5400 miles on my 2017. zero issues. My dealership has not had any issues like this. Reading all the posts on this website, as helpful as they are can worry you to death with potential problems that happen to only a few.

Your right, I haven’t lost a months riding to backordered parts, breakdowns, failures etc etc. I visit Doo Talk regularly. I owned a 17 Renegade Adrenaline 850 and really enjoyed it. Never had a single issue, problem or hiccup. Not a complaint about anything, from the salesman on up. But, there I am yesterday on my new 17 Sidewinder on a lake 40 kms from Manitouwadge, 10 kms in the bush from a logging road. I’ve parked the Winder facing into 20 km/h wind gusts. It’s about minus 12 out. After an hour I try to start my Winder and it turns over, but nothing on the gauges and it won’t start. It did finally start after I kept turning it over. I’ve posted about this back on December 30th. Others are having the same issue. I brought it to the attention of the Yamaha Tech that did its first service in January. He said he changed a relay. Hasn’t happened again until yesterday. May happen at anytime again. Sure as hell hope the $40,000 in Sidewinders I bought in October don’t leave me stranded in the bush miles from home....... When they are running right, nobody can touch them, and I love having that supremacy in a little northern town where everyone drives a sled everywhere all winter.

Still, I ride with caution, keep the fingers crossed and temper the enthusiasm. I can’t help it.
Yamaha in the throes of developing a solid state relay like the apex. Known problem Just warm up the relay a bit by covering with your hand and breathing on it. In the fuse box under the hood at the nose. Top right relay.

I'm seeing leftover SE's for 12,500 everywhere

Sign me up too please for a Winder!!!! Just got it today for 11,500 here in Minnesota. 17 LTX SE. I couldn't just watch the snow melt after wrecking my doo XRS. I'm so happy to be back with Yamaha, I missed my Nytro.

I thought the XRS was the sled for me but it wasn't the case. I could go way way harder with my Nytro over the doo. Anyways, I hit a cut log in a trail and flipped the doo. Wasn't that hard of a hit but some how it got $8,000 in damages. So much for the re-inforced A-arms which bent on both sides. I wasn't happy it crumpled and broke every plastic part possible.

Break-in of that bad boy Genesis engine starts tomorrow. A BIG shout out to all the ty4stroke contributors!!!! I read alot of info here at TY4Stroke which convinced me to get back on a Yamaha. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, great price! Welcome, and sorry for the incident. It shouldn't take wrecked doo''s to get people on winders...they are pretty great sleds on their own!

Doo makes great sleds and I love mine but it looks like they are turning their backs on 4 strokes. I don't want no stinking two stroke!:D

What an awesome engine to put in a sled, bar none. That's where I'm at. And I still love the apex engine. The 3 cyl. turbo checks off all the boxes, imo.

Yamaha in the throes of developing a solid state relay like the apex. Known problem Just warm up the relay a bit by covering with your hand and breathing on it. In the fuse box under the hood at the nose. Top right relay.
I know

7C686A31-76AC-4C81-B6EB-034FDC81C877.jpeg
At least lie to us and tell us you didn't find any!
Guess which Yamaha wouldn’t start this morning. NOT the Winder. Bye Bye Attak

are those tuners with snowtrackers ?
How do you like them in the trails ?
. No.
I would not run the Tuners. Those are 2017 MTX Viper Skis with semi-agressive snow trackers. It is very hard for me to do adjusting and testing because my rides are trips with hours of trailering. From the start my sled had way too little ski pressure. I made multiple adjustments before heading on this trip and had to back down a lot this am. I pulled up limiter straps to midddle hole. Tighten rear center shock and reinstalled transfer stop rod only with no blocks (removed Racewerx adjustable) I hit the deep snow this morning jumping on Lac Oaureau and the sled was very unstable. I loosened the rear center pre-load to as close as it was before as I could and then rode the rest of the day. I wanted these skis to be good on trail and off trail. At this point the on trail manners and damn good. Point and shoot. way more confidence than previously but I don’t care for these skis in 12” or so of snow.

Back