• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski lift with 07 Attak GT

CaptCaper

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 RS Vector XTX 1.25 Lug wifes..2013 RS Vector LTX.. 2003 600 VMax Past Machines 3-2007 Attaks 1-2010 Vector LTX.. sorry no Stinkdoos or poo's cats.
Any tips on reducing my Ski lifting on turns? I have the GYTR piggy back dual clicker shocks. I've seen were on other Apex's the shock spring is reduced until it is loose then tightened up a little. But is this o.k. on the GT? Everything now is OEM settings.

Adjust your transfer control rod towards min. This makes a huge difference in keeping the skis planted. I ran my Attak 2 lines towards min. from the center position.more than adequate transfer for trail riding, and it reduces the fore/aft pitching that ,IMHO, causes ski lift.

yamaha1973 said:

X2 on the 13mm sway bar! I have one on my RX1 and Apex, the before and after is amazing, I took a lot of preload off of the front of the RX1, adjusted for more transfer, and let the limiter straps all the way out. Absolutly love how it handles now. As far as the Apex, limiter strap is all the way out, transfer is set in the middle and i backed off the preload up front just a touch, it isn't where I want it to be, but it's not bad either. Took me an entire season playing with the RX1 to get it where I wanted it.

Viper_Dave said:
Adjust your transfer control rod towards min. This makes a huge difference in keeping the skis planted. I ran my Attak 2 lines towards min. from the center position.more than adequate transfer for trail riding, and it reduces the fore/aft pitching that ,IMHO, causes ski lift.
X2 on this

I'm NOT saying to ignore the advice on changing the sway bar. But this adjustment is free and you'll be surprised how dramatic the change is. If it doesn't work for you, try the sway bar.

Viper_Dave said:
I'm NOT saying to ignore the advice on changing the sway bar. But this adjustment is free and you'll be surprised how dramatic the change is. If it doesn't work for you, try the sway bar.

OK thanks....

I see you don't have any ski mods listed. Try a set of Snowtrackers semi aggressive might help with ski lift some. If the other suggestions don't work of course.

Also keep your rear ride height as low as you can get by with, if the back end is jacked up with to much preload that will contribute to the pitching Viper Dave is talking about.

Viper_Dave said:

I've never adjusted a Control Rod. So looking at it I see its threaded. The knob with the notches should be turned to thread the knob in so only a few threads show?

Correct in principle. You should have a wrench in your tool kit that looks like a spring spanner tool. It'll have markings on it with a scale. 1 end reads Min, the other Max. There is a procedure in the manual that shows the proper use of this tool. Basically, release the locknut, back it off, and you place the end of the tool against the moveable portion. The scale gives you the range of motion for the control rod. I'll see if I can find a link if you don't have your manual. Found it. http://ty4stroke.com/download.php?id=48967

jboar said:
Viper_Dave said:
X2 on this

X3 on this one.

jaydaniels said:
jboar said:
Viper_Dave said:
X2 on this

X3 on this one.

X4 on this one also. I adjusted my Attak GT to max to get more ski lift( I wanted to show the idiots with the Doo's that my "tank" can lift it skis too). It made it almost impossible to ride at higher speeds, especially around turns.

You need to adjust it for your riding style, snow conditions,..etc. I set mine towards min so I could ride faster. It just felt more planted. :yam:

Viper_Dave said:
Correct in principle. You should have a wrench in your tool kit that looks like a spring spanner tool. It'll have markings on it with a scale. 1 end reads Min, the other Max. There is a procedure in the manual that shows the proper use of this tool. Basically, release the locknut, back it off, and you place the end of the tool against the moveable portion. The scale gives you the range of motion for the control rod. I'll see if I can find a link if you don't have your manual. Found it. http://ty4stroke.com/download.php?id=48967

OK thanks got it. I haven't done it yet. I developed pheumonia and broncitus..but I'm getting better. Been working too hard. Bummed bad..missed som good riding here finally.
You said 2 lines? thats not much is it.

Back