• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled weights

aYou crack me up earthling.
Why would you share such garbage video.
Can't you find any better snowmobile content on the internet to share.
LaLaLa

Glad you got something out of it, and its not my fault that the data in the video doesn't fit your point of view. Like I said, not my video, and I shared it because the data in the video is real and it was the only video of a winder that I remember that was done on a professional 4 corner scale. If you have a better video that is additive to the conversation please share.

Glad you got something out of it, and its not my fault that the data in the video doesn't fit your point of view. Like I said, not my video, and I shared it because the data in the video is real and it was the only video of a winder that I remember that was done on a professional 4 corner scale. If you have a better video that is additive to the conversation please share.

We laughed at you before when you posted that video and laughed again.
Channel lock gouges all over the springs and loosening one front spring and cranking the other front spring tight.
Just someone has a set of expensive scales doesn't mean they know what they are doing!

:whore:

We laughed at you before when you posted that video and laughed again.
Channel lock gouges all over the springs and loosening one front spring and cranking the other front spring tight.
Just someone has a set of expensive scales doesn't mean they know what they are doing!

:whore:

Lol, you are something. The scales are objective data and I guess you are hurt that they don't back up your point of view. You take the position that the sled is nose heavy without taking into account what your weight does to the sled. It doesn't even require scales to figure that out but its always nice to see real data.

Kinger did a similar test with his B-Tx

Lol, you are something. The scales are objective data and I guess you are hurt that they don't back up your point of view. You take the position that the sled is nose heavy without taking into account what your weight does to the sled. It doesn't even require scales to figure that out but its always nice to see real data.

Kinger did a similar test with his B-Tx

Yes our weight counter actually some, however we control our weight and it’s centralized. You love motor back 2” and it will be more noticeable than you think. You’re a smart guy I expected More from you in this simple topic. As bf yes my shopping cart example isn’t the same but it shows what I’m talking about.

I posted this over on DooTalk. The differential between Doo advertised dry weights and the ST measured wet weights just doesn't make sense. If the Gen 5 has been bloated with extra weight then so be it but historically these sleds are no where near the weights ST measured.

-----

So originally I posted that I thought the results of this weight experiment were what they were and it'd be easy to dispute so why would they post incorrect numbers. Lot's of other discussions about this weight topic so I did a little looking around at weights and something just doesn't make sense for the Doo's. Now there are likely some differences for studding and full tanks vs. empty but 550-597lbs is a long way away from the 651lbs from the Snowtraks results unless Doo has packed a lot of weight on with the Gen 5 platform. Who wants to string one up?

2022 NY Shootout sled weights
MachZ - 620lbs (5 gallons of fuel)
TCat w EPS - 645 (4 gallons)
AC ZR8000RR - 558 (4 gallons)
Doo Rene X 850 - 550 (5 gallons)

2019 Shootout sled weights
SRX - 669
Doo Rene XRS 900T - 639.5
Doo BackCountry XRS - 564
Poo Indy XC 850 - 575

Winder LTX-SE - 671
TCat - 684
Doo Rene x 850 - 597
Doo MXZ x 850 - 601
Poo Assault - 584

Stevewithocd (member)
Doo Rene X 900r - 622
Winder LTX-LE - 694

Yes our weight counter actually some, however we control our weight and it’s centralized. You love motor back 2” and it will be more noticeable than you think. You’re a smart guy I expected More from you in this simple topic. As bf yes my shopping cart example isn’t the same but it shows what I’m talking about.

I guess I missed your point about the shopping cart, yes, if you move whatever it is in the cart closer to you it will be easier to control. I got caught up in how the cart steers which is not what you meant.

You are right, if the motor would move back even a small amount it makes a big difference, it puts the motor closer to the center of rotation/mass. Putting weight out at the end of a lever (back of the tunnel) makes an even bigger difference as the amount of energy it takes to control that by moving your body around is linearly greater. Its basically the same argument but in reverse. But in retrospect it doesn't matter as it comes down to riding style and preference. I have a friend that rides his old doo sitting as far back as possible, I have ridden that sled for many miles at a time and I can't stand sitting back like that.

I posted this over on DooTalk. The differential between Doo advertised dry weights and the ST measured wet weights just doesn't make sense. If the Gen 5 has been bloated with extra weight then so be it but historically these sleds are no where near the weights ST measured.

-----

So originally I posted that I thought the results of this weight experiment were what they were and it'd be easy to dispute so why would they post incorrect numbers. Lot's of other discussions about this weight topic so I did a little looking around at weights and something just doesn't make sense for the Doo's. Now there are likely some differences for studding and full tanks vs. empty but 550-597lbs is a long way away from the 651lbs from the Snowtraks results unless Doo has packed a lot of weight on with the Gen 5 platform. Who wants to string one up?

2022 NY Shootout sled weights
MachZ - 620lbs (5 gallons of fuel)
TCat w EPS - 645 (4 gallons)
AC ZR8000RR - 558 (4 gallons)
Doo Rene X 850 - 550 (5 gallons)

2019 Shootout sled weights
SRX - 669
Doo Rene XRS 900T - 639.5
Doo BackCountry XRS - 564
Poo Indy XC 850 - 575

Winder LTX-SE - 671
TCat - 684
Doo Rene x 850 - 597
Doo MXZ x 850 - 601
Poo Assault - 584

Stevewithocd (member)
Doo Rene X 900r - 622
Winder LTX-LE - 694
The disparity in the weights they received year to year wasn’t enough to question those? The 850 renegade one year with 5 gal was so much heavier that even empty it wouldn’t weigh what it did 2 years earlier. The Yamaha srx and thundercat have always weighed full what we saw on st which is what everyone who has done the same tests have found. Never have we had the numbers Steve got on here for a ready to ride off showroom floor condition. Also at the shootout the sidewinder had 4 a row of 1.63” gold diggers and the 850 I believe has 2 a row maybe 3 a row of much shorter studs. The studding had also varied from year to year. I like the shootout but They aren’t holding the dealer/manufacture to anything specific. All sleds with exactly 5 gal of gas from empty, we provide it and put it in so we know. Or easier yet every sled toped off to the neck like you’re heading out to ride for the day. One has 5 gal another has 3 another has 10 and who’s saying the quantity of gas? Could it really have 2 and they said 10? Do they watch them put it in and if so why such random numbers. Just to much extra involved there.

ST did it all full of gas 100% all ready to ride from showroom floor. Not diff quantities and lengths of studs (rider choice) not diff carbides or fuel levels. Exactly how they sit not full of snow or dirt or anything and as you can see when they hang no wind even causing downforce.

Since I started riding snowmobiles in 1971 I have yet to see a trail sled set up like in the video you have shared.

I have yet to take jabs at you but I can unload any time you would like.

I have yet to see any of your content shared here, its all someone else's information that you just copy and paste.... you call it data.

:crap:

The disparity in the weights they received year to year wasn’t enough to question those? The 850 renegade one year with 5 gal was so much heavier that even empty it wouldn’t weigh what it did 2 years earlier. The Yamaha srx and thundercat have always weighed full what we saw on st which is what everyone who has done the same tests have found. Never have we had the numbers Steve got on here for a ready to ride off showroom floor condition. Also at the shootout the sidewinder had 4 a row of 1.63” gold diggers and the 850 I believe has 2 a row maybe 3 a row of much shorter studs. The studding had also varied from year to year. I like the shootout but They aren’t holding the dealer/manufacture to anything specific. All sleds with exactly 5 gal of gas from empty, we provide it and put it in so we know. Or easier yet every sled toped off to the neck like you’re heading out to ride for the day. One has 5 gal another has 3 another has 10 and who’s saying the quantity of gas? Could it really have 2 and they said 10? Do they watch them put it in and if so why such random numbers. Just to much extra involved there.

ST did it all full of gas 100% all ready to ride from showroom floor. Not diff quantities and lengths of studs (rider choice) not diff carbides or fuel levels. Exactly how they sit not full of snow or dirt or anything and as you can see when they hang no wind even causing downforce.
Lots of disparity and variables I know (2019 and 2017 don't even give a good definition of what 'wet' means in terms of fuel levels). The point of my post wasn't to show an apples to apples comparison because that seems impossible but just to highlight that the ST Rene 850 weight is a signigicant difference from Rene 850's of the past and is even measured as 30 lbs heavier than a MachZ/900r. Possible - sure. If so though I'm very interested as to why.

Lots of disparity and variables I know (2019 and 2017 don't even give a good definition of what 'wet' means in terms of fuel levels). The point of my post wasn't to show an apples to apples comparison because that seems impossible but just to highlight that the ST Rene 850 weight is a signigicant difference from Rene 850's of the past and is even measured as 30 lbs heavier than a MachZ/900r. Possible - sure. If so though I'm very interested as to why.
Hell same sled verys 30-40lbs from year to year. I bet st does their test it would be same or close year to year. If it was that off then skidoo would have proven them wrong fairly quickly. All these doo talk guys can go prove them wrong quickly. We always weigh the Yamahas wet and post it. They just say “skidoo is lighter” and your tanks are heavy. We have numbers they use their marketing that skidoo shouts at them and run.

Hell same sled verys 30-40lbs from year to year. I bet st does their test it would be same or close year to year. If it was that off then skidoo would have proven them wrong fairly quickly. All these doo talk guys can go prove them wrong quickly. We always weigh the Yamahas wet and post it. They just say “skidoo is lighter” and your tanks are heavy. We have numbers they use their marketing that skidoo shouts at them and run.
As far as I can see historically Doo's that have been weighed whether by individuals or by organizations always have been lighter until this ST weigh-in. I think that is why people have questions. To say Doo owners just say "skidoo is lighter" and don't have any data is incorrect.

I don't really keep up on the specs of Doos, but have they increased the fuel tank capacity at all on new models?
I don't see that the ST video has done anything wrong, and they have been known to be bias towards Doo and Polaris, at least in the past, so I don't think they have done anything to pork up the Doo intentionally.

Doo tank size has actually gotten smaller over the years. 9.5 gallons for MXZ or Rene. My XCR is 12 I believe and Viper 10. I can't imagine ST would fudge the numbers on purpose as it would be very easy to dispute however its a big jump in historic numbers while other manufacturers have remained fairly consistent so something has happened. I'm just interested in someone independently stringing one up to verify. I have a 900r coming also so I'm interested/concerned that if the 850 Rene has gone up that much what has happened to the 900r? In past its been in the 620-630 area.

Doo tank size has actually gotten smaller over the years. 9.5 gallons for MXZ or Rene. My XCR is 12 I believe and Viper 10. I can't imagine ST would fudge the numbers on purpose as it would be very easy to dispute however its a big jump in historic numbers while other manufacturers have remained fairly consistent so something has happened. I'm just interested in someone independently stringing one up to verify. I have a 900r coming also so I'm interested/concerned that if the 850 Rene has gone up that much what has happened to the 900r? In past its been in the 620-630 area.
They have but those weights were with “4 gal” of gas. Add the other 6 and 50lbs more. And that’s assuming they weren’t off on some the numbers they used in first place which it seems they were. And they didn’t show cats at all. Idk why.

But the sled rags have very little credibility at this point any way as they lean toward whichever of the big 2 pays them the most in most cases so having something that blatant would raise lots of red flags and collapse their magazine

Back