• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SLP POWDER PRO SKIS

I run powder pros on my 07 rtx and they are great skis!! On trail they are locked in and handle great with no pushing in the corners. They do require more steering effort then stockers on the trail but the benefits far outweigh that in my opinion. I also have no darting issues on trail. Off trail it is a whole different sled compared to the stock skis. They get the front end up on the snow and also allow you to dig in when turning. I think they are a great ski i have been running them since 2003.

I also have them on my sled and like them so much I don't want to try anything else. A friend of mine told me about them and has tried a few other ski's and is back to the Powder Pro's. Awsome handling on and off trail.

what about in spring snow?

How are they in spring snow? I like the stock Apex Mnt. ski's for the large keel, because they turn when you want them to, instead of washing out. I've read every where that the powder pro's are great ski's but no one ever elaborates on there performance in crusty spring conditions. Do they jerk or throw you off if you come down with the ski's turned a bit....this is my concern. I don't mean to hi-jack your thread just thought these are good points to consider with any ski purchase...

Re: what about in spring snow?

GotJuice said:
How are they in spring snow? I like the stock Apex Mnt. ski's for the large keel, because they turn when you want them to, instead of washing out. I've read every where that the powder pro's are great ski's but no one ever elaborates on there performance in crusty spring conditions. Do they jerk or throw you off if you come down with the ski's turned a bit....this is my concern. I don't mean to hi-jack your thread just thought these are good points to consider with any ski purchase...

In the crusty snow they do pull you around a bit.Nothing that I ever felt uncomfortable with though.

You can make them a little less agressive if you move the skis back to the rearward mounting holes.Ive tried them both ways and prefer all the way forward.Im running the Bergsrtom tripple carbides on mine,works sweet.

There is some on ebay right now for 325.00 shipped with carbides and chioce of colors.I searched "powder pro" I think they end today

Back