• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sno-scoot or bravo or others

stunter1

Expert
Well my youngest is growing out of his 120 polaris and my 3 year old will be old enough to ride the 120 this winter so I think its time to pick up an "in between" sled for my 7 year old. I've been looking and it looks like the sno-scoot or bravo.

Anyone have any other ideas or input / comparison on the two or have one or know of one for sale. Looking to buy before the prices really start cranking up. Cant wait to finally have both boys out the in the field riding with me.

Depending on what kind of money you want to spend the bravo will probably be quite a bit cheaper, those scoots have really skyrocketed in price the last few years. I also wouldn't leave the ovation or even an old 300 or 340 enticer out of the discussion. Ovations, enticers, and bravos have also been around a lot longer and parts are easier and cheaper to come by. Good luck this winter will be a blast for you, gotta love getting the little ones out on the snow.

Just stumbled across the Yamaha sno-sport. :Rockon: Thats what Im talking about! Wonder if I can find one where they dont want an arm and a leg.

I have a '98 Jag 340 that my kids learned on and still like to ride. Polaris, Cat, Doo all have offered these equal or plus 340cc fan cooled models in the past and are very basic and makes them very reliable. They are also inexpensive since there is little demand for these sleds.

Sno sport would be preferable if you can find one at a reasonable price - its more rider forward than many of the grown up sleds so the transition will be easier when the kids get older.... Otherwise a bravo / enticer 250 is a good next step and the ovations are great allbeit quite a bit quicker but theres lots still around and parts areceasy to come by.... Other decent option is a tundra / citation which are pretty indestructible as well .... Most of the older style sleds do not have grease fittings on the swing arms so you have to check carefully for broken arm ... Otherwise there is not much to cause problems ... Single carb and fan cooled means fewer issues.

Someone on snowest has 30 scoots for sale!!!!

yeah snosports are nice but there arent many around / left and people know that and are asking quite a bit. I just talked to a guy who had one for $4000. Ouch

sled

I would go with a 1990 or newer ovation, the bravos seemed to have alot of issues with motor mounts and chasis issues from the ones i used to work on at a yamaha dealership.

Sno-Sport

Recreation Plus Yamaha in Twin Lakes Wi. has a new leftover white/Red Sno-Sport on their floor for $5k if anyone is interested.

I would vote for the bravo as well for many of the reasons Mazz mentioned. A Bravo is also what I started both of my kids on and have never regreted that choice. Not to mention with a bigger engine and chasis, they will not grow out of the bravo as quickly. May also be better in deeper snow and provide a more stable platform.

Stunter1 you may want to check out the classifieds on the 2-smoke side. There is currently a nice looking used Bravo for sale in your neck of the woods. Could be just what ur looking for!

Look for some older enticers they made a 250- 300- 340 cc if you can find a 300cc they where great sleds they also very light

sleddog66 said:
If you are talking new....check out PREMIER snowmobiles. Kinda look like Yamahas

That's a pretty heated discussion over on Hardcore sledder.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/2 ... m-now.html

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/3 ... biles.html

The short story is Premier was a company in the US that wanted to produce entry-level sleds, pricey, but they filled a niche. The story from Premier was that while building their dealer network, they were not granted EPA emissions, or something that would not allow them to sell their sleds in the US. They are supposedly working on this and should be able to sell them in 2013.

In the meantime, they were being sold in Canada under the Phantom name and even sponsored a racing class to help promote them. They are exactly the same and both companies claim to be building them local. The largest proponent on HCS was some dude and his boy that was sponsored by the sled company. Every one of his posts were just promo for the company disguised as promo for his kid and the racing program.

Long story short, people started calling him out on the sleds not being built in the US or Canada, and them being some Korean knock off with a USA built story or a Canada built story. There are tons of the exact same sleds now being produced by Korean builders and distributed by exporters the same way as knock-off scooters have hit every street corner in the us. So this is an easy story to believe as you can't tell the difference.

Two things could have happened. Premier may have spent too much time getting approved for sale in the US and the design was stolen by this offshore manufacturer. Or two, Premier was never USA made and imported them and slapped their logos and Made in the USA tags on them but never got their emissions approved before importing them. Either way, getting your hands on a Premier may be tougher than imagined. The folks at Phantom may have the same story, but Canada approved the emissions either of their Canada built sled, or the import with logos slapped on it.

It's too bad, it's a cool stepping stone sled. But for the price, you could buy a pair of used Indy Lites or a 500cc 2 smoke Yamaha. Anyone have any news on their current status?

Back