• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow flap trimming worries

Honk said:
cut it right at that first line, and no more probs with coming off the trailer or backing. works great for three years! oh and no probs with overheating, it may throw a bit more crap though, I was able to completely fill a buddys helmut with snow, he forgot to close his shield, he won;t pull up behind me again!

X2 cut mine the first time it got sucked under backing out of the shed,3 seasons and no over heating probs and I've run a bit of low snow conditions.

Three inch wheel, off in 30 seconds, pop a cold one !! sit back an admire your handy work, and cutting ability!

What dealer is holding snow flaps hostage for $100???

These things cost 8GT-K7595-00-00 $35 for a black one at Port Yamaha. Is the red version really $65 more?

Irv said:
Mine hits the ground and wants to tuck up under when I am unloading from the trailer, I already have a crack started in the top left corner and that happened on only my second ride this year.

It is also a "NEW" flap and was just replaced at nearly $100 dollars. :o|

Thinking seriously about cutting it at the bottom line?

I cut mine after I got tired of it catching. I trimmed it off just below Yamaha. Never overheated but I do have a rear cooler.
That coil is the cat's meow? a part number would be great as I don't know anything about Cat's.

Mine is only three inches from the mounting rivets, been like that for two years never had any over heating problems and I don't care about anybody behind me, they know to either be right up on me or back way off.

I cut my new style flap off at the line about 2 1/2 inches up from the bottom and bent the bracket rearward after it got chewed up. Several thousand miles on it so far with no trouble even with no rear cooler. I do throw up a bit more roost than i did before.

My father in law has that same wire flap stopper on his '01 ZR 800. I noticed that right away when he bought it. It may be some type of accessory becuase it does not appear in the parts fiche for that year machine.

CaptCaper said:
I cut mine after I got tired of it catching. I trimmed it off just below Yamaha. Never overheated but I do have a rear cooler.
That coil is the cat's meow? a part number would be great as I don't know anything about Cat's.

I have 09 ltx and was sick of replacing flap. I have been trimming it for the past 2 seasons with no issues at all. No problem backing up or getting off the trailer. Dont even worry about it anymore and I like the way it looks. I cut it at the bottom of the line under yamaha.

You probably wont find one from Arctic Cat that was for a glow in the dark snow flap made of rubber that was very heavy this the reason for the bracket. Had one on my ZRT back in 1997

I cut mine at the line below Yamaha and added nylon straps to hold it out like the "Woody's" kit for this they sell and I still trashed the bottom of the flap. I don't get it caught but chewed up the bottom bad. I don't have any fiancé I guess

the braces are made by Sno-Stuff Universal Snow Flap Support Bracket
Dennis Kirk Part #: 391800
Manufacturer Part #: 561700
they are about$7.00 us
have used them in the past

Thanks for the info guy's, going to see if I can get the support bracket 1st and if not, then it's cutting time.

Back