• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So. Whats in those backpacks that everyone is wearing?

I will admit I carry extra gear on my sled. I bet there is about 40lbs of stuff between the nose, tank and windshield bag. I have everything from candles and matches to tow rope and booster cables. Also carry a survival blanket thingy and just for Bounty, duct tape. That all hides in the nose bag. Up top, between the windshield and tank bag, I have different goggles, cell phone heated case and charger, TY cap and Beanie, maps, flashlight and cheat sheet of phone numbers for the gas stations located in the trail system. And then there is the trunk where I store water bottles, trail snacks and extra gloves. Can't stand being Hangry while sledding.
You never know when you may need something our encounter the elusive Bush Sled. All the stuff does come in handy then.

Why all the judgement and holier-than-thou attitude about riders who wear backpacks?

I carry water, snacks, sox, hand warmers, flashlight, goggles, lenses, balaclava, gloves. Since temps fluctuate during the day and where I ride, I can peel off a layer when I get warm and the jacket vents aren't getting the job done.

I have these, but havent mounted them up yet:
sma-8fa73-50-dx-500-jpg.39441

Last edited:
Normally the guys picking on the backpack guys are the ones the have those super cool saddle, tank and handle bar bags, not........
:tg:

I pack the following things that have come in handy. Goggle's, gloves, snack bars, Gatorade, first aid kit, hat, beanie, shovel to dig out cars on our way to Miners Castle X2, small set of tools, rubber gloves and tie straps that stopped the leaking coolant rear tube on the trail. Small stuff. I have the Klim Nac Pack.

Last edited:
I pack the following things that have come in handy. Google's, gloves, snack bars, Gatorade, first aid kit, hat, beanie, shovel to dig out cars on our way to Miners Castle X2, small set of tools, rubber gloves and tie straps that stopped the leaking coolant rear tube on the trail. Small stuff. I have the Klim Nac Pack.

GOOGLES.. the entire PC or Laptop? LOL

What we have seen the last two seasons is twenty something kids, (maybe 30 something) riding two smokes, standing the whole ride, and keep blipping the throttle to make huge piles of snow on the trails. Our group calls them backpackers, another group I know calls them ditch pickles. What really pisses me off is when we are riding and we come to a big open area with signs posted to stay on the trail, they shoot of into the field running over saplings, jumping hills, cutting in front of us like they are the only ones on the trail. If these guys want to cross country, head west and stop endangering our trails. Now down of my soap box

Back