• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So. Whats in those backpacks that everyone is wearing?

What we have seen the last two seasons is twenty something kids, (maybe 30 something) riding two smokes, standing the whole ride, and keep blipping the throttle to make huge piles of snow on the trails. Our group calls them backpackers, another group I know calls them ditch pickles. What really pisses me off is when we are riding and we come to a big open area with signs posted to stay on the trail, they shoot of into the field running over saplings, jumping hills, cutting in front of us like they are the only ones on the trail. If these guys want to cross country, head west and stop endangering our trails. Now down of my soap box

I agree with you 100%.. I dont get why they dont respect the land owners or our sport. I call them #*$&@ HATS. Taking breaks in the middle of the trails and ripping up any fresh snow anyplace.

Scrotum-bag.jpg

Nuts

An #*$&@ Hat ran into a state troopers well casing which got (a part) of our trail closed.

Backpack had wires, timers, and possible explosives. Trooper figured he was a pissed off suicide DooBomber, heading for the dealership that promised him sidewinder beating power and that lightweight chassis feel.

Ok, the first sentence was true...the rest was from a dossier...

What did I just see?

I purchased mine for a trip from Maine to Canada to hold a change of clothes and toiletries. I am generally the one to get stuck so I purchased a shovel along with it. Found that I liked riding with it (kept my body warmer) and I always had a shovel on hand just in case. When we're not riding to different hotels, I keep a spare set of gloves, an extra balaclava, socks, and some other small items in it. Since I've purchased the shovel and pack, I've gotten stuck only once (compared to consistently in previous years). That being said, having a shovel this past trip was extremely helpful when my muffler failed and melted plastic and oil lines. Having a shovel to toss snow on the sled was easier than trying to kick and dig.

Back