• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So. Whats in those backpacks that everyone is wearing?

My Sons rides with a backpack. First aid kit, fire starter, water and food bars. Emergency blankets and bags. Oh, flare guns also. Yes we have spent the night in the snow. I don’t ride with one but I do have the same gear in my dash bag I really like the flare guns. Lol

You need all the stuff riding in the U.P.? Must have a shitty hotel. I can walk for miles before I would stay in the woods up there.

All that fits easily in a small bag. Not a big deal to stay the night. But when you need to spend the night be prepared. It has saved both our lives

Usually lunch, bottled water, first aid kit, hand warmers, fire starter, dry gloves in a zip lock bag, toilet paper also in a zip lock bag;), Avy probe, shovel, extra 2 way radio and a length of rope. I'm a mountain rider so these are items that you want to have on your person, just in case you get separated from your sled or lost in the back country.
Bill

I usually pack my "Depends" in the backpack.

No backpack for me yet, but i would like a spot on the sled for a shovel.
Windshield bag has trail maps, spare head sock and neck warmer, goggle bag has spare gloves (always nice and toasty), behind the seat bag has a tool kit, tow rope, gorilla tape;), folding saw, zip ties, spare belt, and still have room for a powerade, beef jerky and some sort of chocolate bar, behind that is a mountain addiction 3.3 gal fuel can, really trying to avoid the backpack.
Slydog had a removable snow flap for the vipers that doubled as a shovel but that is discontinued:(, anyhow the UP is the place to be underwear free!....... for me at least:-o

Last edited:
I had a backpack...... strapped to the tunnel on my Phazer, too cheap to buy an actual tunnel bag! Usually carry an extra sweatshirt, socks, spare belt, fire starter, and a first add kit. Have the large tunnel bag on my Viper, same stuff + jumper cables and a shovel.

Really Tom, you need a neon one piece suit, snow cross open faced helmet with Red lens goggles. A Klim back pack and no wind screen. Oh ya, stand the entire time you are riding.

LMAO.. Wish I could stand.. knees hurt like hell and my back cant take a back pack..I will just sit and ride like an old man at 120 mph.

TP, Goggles, shovel for off trail, bungee, plastic zip ties, extra belts, clutch parts, extra gloves, facemask and pills.

But, Mark @yamadoo will confirm that when you go saddle-bagging thru 3 states and 2 Providences....you want to carry a 300 pc Craftsman toolbox in your backpack, because you never can guess how many rear wheels you will need to replace on the trail just to get to the next town. Best part is I think I rode even faster....LOL

TP, Goggles, shovel for off trail, bungee, plastic zip ties, extra belts, clutch parts, extra gloves, facemask and pills.

But, Mark @yamadoo will confirm that when you go saddle-bagging thru 3 states and 2 Providences....you want to carry a 300 pc Craftsman toolbox in your backpack, because you never can guess how many rear wheels you will need to replace on the trail just to get to the next town. Best part is I think I rode even faster....LOL

That’s the first thing thought of when I read the thread title.

He is not kidding we did about 2000 great miles in 6 days it was great to have a couple great Yamaha mechanics and tools along!
Thankfully Nos and Srxtwins were creative on rear axle wheels - sharing sled to sled -both my and SRXtwins Apexs had high miles (10,000 & 14,000 miles) before we started he trip and lake of the woods 60+ miles at >60-80+ Mph Non stop took its tol.
Nos has a new roost technique he used to demonstrate LOL

Back