• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Some general questions

iarx1

Veteran
What happens if you just can't find 91 octane and have to run 87? Is the turbo running boost when your trail riding say at 45-55 mph? What is the biggest difference trail riding a turbo VS a stock sled? Have any of you with the front mount had ANY issues with heat. I'm looking for somebody to talk me out buying one. Thanks

TALK YOU OUT OF BUYING A TURBO :shock: DONT COUNT ON THAT
ON THIS FORUM! BIGGEST DIFF. BETWEEN A " STOCKER" AND A TURBO?
80 TO 100 HP! :D HEAT ISSUES, YES BUT NOTHING THAT CANT BE FIXED
GO FOR IT ;)!

Run a boost controler to keep the boost down for those days when only 87 is available.

aluminum tape and extra hood vents work well to control heat issues ,a front mount turbo WILL require some attention to this issue , If you take precautions , it will be just fine .I bought a turbo kit for each of my sleds,
One front mount and one rear mount , It is honestly the most fun i've ever had ,Brings a ear to ear smile every time I ride.......Caution though it will make you say some bad words under your helmet while you are trying to hang on ......hehe :Rockon:

The desire for more boost will necessitate the effort to find good gas .............trust me , however if I found myself with only 87 octane I would simply flip the switch back to low boost and ride easier .There is no boost at normal operating speeds , only at approx 3/4 throttle or more.

Thank guys for you input. RXhauler..on CPR Turbo, what did you do to address the heat issue. This is my biggest concern. We will run 5 to 10 miles at 75 to 80 MPH across a lake and I don't want to be worrying about something melting or catching on fire. Thanks

Do a search here for hood vents , there are some pictures posted . High speeds for long periods of time will be no problem w/ the cpr turbo , Its after you stop from one of those runs that you have to worry about as there is no air flow to take the heat away ......simply open the hood.

Back