• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs 2022 Mach Z

One comment about snappy.
My Apex XTX fells more snappy than my sidewinder, both stock. The XTX will walk away from any 850 at any speed so it’s no slug. Coming out a corner or on a rolling start the winder just leaves me like I was driving a 600. On hard pack the XTX will jump in front from a dead stop for a short distance then the winder just blows past literally.
I think the winder is so smooth and quiet that it’s sneaky fast and just doesn’t feel snappy. Some sleds feel fast but aren’t really.
Back in the day I sold my 98 SRX triple and bought an RX Warrior. The SRX was stupid fast for those days but that Warrior felt faster and snappy with loads of torque. When I raced my Buddy on his SRX I lined him up coming out of a corner and prepared to blow by him. I couldn’t believe it there was no way the SRX was pulling away even though I got the jump on him. My Warrior was snappier though!
72Gran, keep clutching!!! My goal since buying my winder was to get the throttle response of an Apex! With constant testing I have gotten it snappy. If I want wheelies, I just pull the transfer bar and can’t keep skis on the ground. Looks good but doesn’t translate to good groomed trail riding.

The BS has already begun. A friend of mine, who is also a Doo fan, says 300HP "easy" with a tune.
What can I say......?
lol
You know what you say? Nothing! I find the loudest mouth is usually not the guy that gets you! Its the quieter guy. :eek:

Just sayin'.....

upload_2021-3-30_12-15-39.png

Nice post... ST thinks anyone that buys a big gun sled like a Mach, just wants to be the fastest across the lake. TOTAL FALSE INFO. For me, it was never about that... I don't really care about going anything faster than 110-120. The reason I bought my sled was because I was sick of all the mags and OEM's that sell the big 850's that claim they pull so hard past a 100mph in any condition, which is NOT true. The 998 pulls extremely hard between 30mph and 110mph with authority, which is perfect for groomed trail riding and that is what I do. There isn't an 850 today that pulls this hard and that is with the 998 being in stock form. As I said earlier in this thread, the Procross just flat out handles better than any G4 sled. I have ridden them, they push real bad and it is NOT a confident inspiring machine to drive.

On another note... Doo used to be a great sled for trail riding, but they went away with that when created the G4 and changed the R Motion to exhibit more weight transfer. My belief is that they listened to much of the complaining from ST guys and maybe other mags about their direction they would like to see sleds go, which IMO, is to have a sled lift the skis all the way down the straight away and then come down for the corner, but still rail, which IMO, is NOT possible. Inside ski lift goes through the roof. Its kind of what created the Cross Over versions that you see now. But, I don't care what anybody says, that does NOT make a good trail sled. You can ride them on Groomed trails, but its not great at it. Thats transfer of the rmotion went across all lines including their MXZ line, which results in a sled that is just NOT good at handling. Other than CAT, the other 2 OEM's don't listen to their customers, they listen to the mags and to me you are not getting accurate info as to what people want.

If we are being fair, cat and yamaha have a very strong stranglehold on 3rd and 4th place when it comes to snowmobile sales. Like cat and yamaha combined they still don't sell half of what the 2nd place company sells. I don't know if I would call that "what people want." I like cat. They bring a lot more innovation to snowmobiling than polaris does. But for some reason people don't buy them.

Copied from a French forum:

snow goer snowmobile of the year 2022 MACH Z​

From its beginning, the snowmobile has been a showpiece of technology. Even early
designs that now look rudimentary had to combine the intricacies of an internal
combustion engine with a specific chassis design intended to spread the weight of
the vehicle and its rider across a broad area to make the machine magically floa
across the snowy surface.
Now, we’ve got technology that instantaneously reads the terrain and adjusts
the suspension accordingly, while a high-tech turbocharged engine similarly reads
and reacts to the rider’s whims, whether he/she is trying to get the best launch off a
starting line or is speeding across a snow-covered lake.
Snowmobiles: You’ve come a long way, baby! For 2022, that’s best showcased by
the innovative new Ski-Doo Mach Z, the
Snow Goer
Snowmobile of the Year.
The Mach Z is a high-speed, low-slung, purpose-built masterpiece,
with subtle beauty that masks its incredible capabilities.
It starts with known quantities: A REV Gen4 chassis with
wide-design bodywork plus the smooth-riding rMotion X
rear suspension, sharp-handling RAS X front suspension
and the advanced 900 ACE Turbo engine.
Each of those components, though, has been
modified for this special-edition machine.
The suspensions have been lowered for
ultimate speed and handling, but that’s been
done before by others. New is the truly revo
lutionary
Smart-Shox semi-active suspension
that self adjusts in milliseconds to the situations the
machine encounters, based on three driving mode: Comfort, Sport and
Sport+. It’s the most advanced and reactive suspension ever put in a stock
snowmobile – adding comfort while preventing bottoming and improving
handling by controlling body roll.
The four-stroke engine, meanwhile, benefits from added boost to create
180 arm-stretching horsepower. In this form, the 900 ACE Turbo R has a
legitimate shot at laketop supremacy, but just having “a shot” wasn’t good
enough for Ski-Doo. So, its engineers added more high-tech gadgetry with
the driver-controlled Launch Mode that gives it an unrivaled coolness factor.
When enabled, it spits and sputters while waking up the turbo as the driver
pins both the throttle and the brake. It then launches hard when the driver
releases the brake handle, sending the sled and rider into delirium.
Such high-tech suspension, engine and ECU wizardry is normally
reserved for exotic sports cars. For 2022, this full combination is only
available on one snowmobile.
As always, the
Snow Goer
Snowmobile of the Year honor places a high
value on forward-facing designs, cutting-edge advancements and truly
unique innovations. The 2022 Ski-Doo Mach Z has those in spades, making it an easy
selection for the 32nd annual bestowing of the award.

640de00c6955429c02bee5029fea763b.jpg

Every single "NEW" sled ever produced with new tech has won "sled of the year" with SnowGoer no matter how good or bad it ends up being. It's too bad, but mag is not even worth having a subscription to. I don't think I've had a subscription to it since they quit SnowWeek. Quite a worthless magazine and sled of the year means its a "new design". And let's face it, the shocks are a first in the industry for the Mach this year. Does not mean its fast or great, just new tech is all for the year it was brought out. Myself, I know what is going to happen to all those shock wires in it.

Look at the average and so-so sleds on this SnowGoer sled of the year list. Even some total crap sleds on it...

1991 Arctic Cat EXT Special

1992 Yamaha Vmax-4

1993 Polaris Indy XLT Special

1994 Arctic Cat ZR 440

1995 Polaris Indy XLT Special

1996 Ski-Doo MX Z 583

1997 Yamaha Vmax 700 SX

1998 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI

1999 Polaris Indy 700 XC SP

2000 Yamaha SRX 700

2001 Polaris Indy 600 XC SP

2002 Ski-Doo MX Z 800

2003 Yamaha RX-1

2004 Ski-Doo MX Z 600 H.O. SDI

2005 Arctic Cat M7 153

2006 Yamaha Apex GT

2007 Yamaha Phazer

2008 Ski-Doo MX-Z 600 H.O. SDI X

2009 Ski-Doo MX Z TNT 600 H.O. E-TEC

2010 Polaris 600 Rush

2011 Yamaha Apex SE

2012 Arctic Cat ProCross F 1100 Turbo Sno Pro

2013 Polaris 800 Pro-RMK

2014 Ski-Doo GSX SE 900 ACE

2015 Polaris 800 Switchback Pro-S

2016 Ski-Doo MXZ Blizzard 800 E-TEC

2017 Ski-Doo MXZ X 850 E-TEC

2018 Arctic Cat ZR 200 and Yamaha SnoScoot

2019 Arctic Cat M 8000 Alpha One

2020 Polaris 850 Indy XC 137

2021 Polaris 650 Indy VR1 129

With the small sled market and now only 3 1/2 manufacturers I think its a given that the latest tech, good or bad, win this award.

With the small sled market and now only 3 1/2 manufacturers I think its a given that the latest tech, good or bad, win this award.

That's the way it's always been with the snomo mags.

Latest tech for the win.

Every time, every year.

This is a good thing. I drilled dozens of Mach Z's back in the day with my old Tcat's and looking forward to doing the same with my new one. Maybe we should have the new Mach Z qualify against one of the old Tcat's first. LOL

I wonder what the gearing is on the Mach. I also wonder if they will use the Mach's new "stutter button" on the holeshot.

Every single "NEW" sled ever produced with new tech has won "sled of the year" with SnowGoer no matter how good or bad it ends up being. It's too bad, but mag is not even worth having a subscription to. I don't think I've had a subscription to it since they quit SnowWeek. Quite a worthless magazine and sled of the year means its a "new design". And let's face it, the shocks are a first in the industry for the Mach this year. Does not mean its fast or great, just new tech is all for the year it was brought out. Myself, I know what is going to happen to all those shock wires in it.

Look at the average and so-so sleds on this SnowGoer sled of the year list. Even some total crap sleds on it...

1991 Arctic Cat EXT Special

1992 Yamaha Vmax-4

1993 Polaris Indy XLT Special

1994 Arctic Cat ZR 440

1995 Polaris Indy XLT Special

1996 Ski-Doo MX Z 583

1997 Yamaha Vmax 700 SX

1998 Arctic Cat ZR 600 EFI

1999 Polaris Indy 700 XC SP

2000 Yamaha SRX 700

2001 Polaris Indy 600 XC SP

2002 Ski-Doo MX Z 800

2003 Yamaha RX-1

2004 Ski-Doo MX Z 600 H.O. SDI

2005 Arctic Cat M7 153

2006 Yamaha Apex GT

2007 Yamaha Phazer

2008 Ski-Doo MX-Z 600 H.O. SDI X

2009 Ski-Doo MX Z TNT 600 H.O. E-TEC

2010 Polaris 600 Rush

2011 Yamaha Apex SE

2012 Arctic Cat ProCross F 1100 Turbo Sno Pro

2013 Polaris 800 Pro-RMK

2014 Ski-Doo GSX SE 900 ACE

2015 Polaris 800 Switchback Pro-S

2016 Ski-Doo MXZ Blizzard 800 E-TEC

2017 Ski-Doo MXZ X 850 E-TEC

2018 Arctic Cat ZR 200 and Yamaha SnoScoot

2019 Arctic Cat M 8000 Alpha One

2020 Polaris 850 Indy XC 137

2021 Polaris 650 Indy VR1 129
I agree wholeheartedly. The best part of these magazines is reading the following years review. The sled of the year, 'best ever' is a POS when the next year's comes out,, and you really need the new one as it's so much better. Right. I have magazines from the early 70's and love to read the ads...hilarious..at least they were funny. Even the carving abilities of the Evinrude!!!

One part of the article hit the nail on the head!! About 3/4 of the way down when they state,

"then launches hard when the driver releases the brake handle, sending the sled and rider into delirium."

Once the owner of that mach z let's go of that brake handle and finds himself staring at the flaps of Tcats and winders, he'll realize he was in a dire state of delirium when he bought that POS.

Ba hahaha, stop your sweating guys, it will be all over soon, lol

Back