• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs 2022 Mach Z

Well said sailor joe. I don't have much to add to your comments except that one thing that goes a long way here on TY is for a show of respect to fellow members when your opinion does not match someone else's opinion if you want to earn the respect of your fellow members. MrSled and the rest of the TY team have done an awesome job in creating and making this a respectable site.

Having fun and enjoying this sport and the camaraderie that it provides is what keeps me going. If I don't share someone else's opinion I just move on without trying to bash them or run them off the site. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Snowmobiling probably has one of the most passionate groups of members (excluding hockey and soccer moms:) but let's not forget it's all about having fun at the end of the day.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but even though this is "Totallyamaha" are there any rules that say that we're not allowed to discuss other brands? I've been on a few TY rides and MrSled has always allowed other brands to participate in the rides.

I don't care what someone else chooses to ride or their reasons to ride what they do. I respect them for being a fellow snowmobiler and sharing the passion of this sport. I would rather buy them a beverage when I see them at a pit stop and strike up a conversation with them about how their ride has been so far rather than trying to berate them and their sled. Besides most everyone is bigger than me and I always remember what my Dad told me when I was younger...(The bigger they are the harder they punch!)

Just to keep my post in the spirit of this thread...I've got a riding bud who's got a new Mach Z on order and I'm anxious to see just how his new sled performs next season. If he smokes my SRX I'll buy him a beer and will be ready for a whole season of grief. If I smoke him....well let's just say I won't let him forget it! (He's also a LOT bigger than me) so I'll need to go easy on him.

Cheers!
Very good point, well taken. I didn't like seeing some of the back and fourth going on earlier in this thread but it's everyone right and thanks for correcting me. I often times ride with friends who have different sleds and at the end of the day we all enjoy talk of the day a while tipping a few. Joe

I hope TY continues to be informative and classy.
53m4ye.jpg

One comment about snappy.
My Apex XTX fells more snappy than my sidewinder, both stock. The XTX will walk away from any 850 at any speed so it’s no slug. Coming out a corner or on a rolling start the winder just leaves me like I was driving a 600. On hard pack the XTX will jump in front from a dead stop for a short distance then the winder just blows past literally.
I think the winder is so smooth and quiet that it’s sneaky fast and just doesn’t feel snappy. Some sleds feel fast but aren’t really.
Back in the day I sold my 98 SRX triple and bought an RX Warrior. The SRX was stupid fast for those days but that Warrior felt faster and snappy with loads of torque. When I raced my Buddy on his SRX I lined him up coming out of a corner and prepared to blow by him. I couldn’t believe it there was no way the SRX was pulling away even though I got the jump on him. My Warrior was snappier though!

My Apex XTX fells more snappy than my sidewinder, both stock. The XTX will walk away from any 850 at any speed so it’s no slug. Coming out a corner or on a rolling start the winder just leaves me like I was driving a 600. On hard pack the XTX will jump in front from a dead stop for a short distance then the winder just blows past literally.
I think the winder is so smooth and quiet that it’s sneaky fast and just doesn’t feel snappy. Some sleds feel fast but aren’t really.
Back in the day I sold my 98 SRX triple and bought an RX Warrior. The SRX was stupid fast for those days but that Warrior felt faster and snappy with loads of torque. When I raced my Buddy on his SRX I lined him up coming out of a corner and prepared to blow by him. I couldn’t believe it there was no way the SRX was pulling away even though I got the jump on him. My Warrior was snappier though!
upload_2021-3-29_10-54-55.jpeg

Had to .. Sorry

Apparently the Lester's from Snow Trax are going to line the SRX up against the Mach Z they just received on Friday and publish the results early next week online.
Lets remember the OP. The Lesters didn't run it right? Or did and had the results embargoed? Or maybe word got out and one of both mfgs said cool it. We are all keyboard racing until we are not. Kudos to Skidoo for bringing the hype for '22. Kudos to Cat and Yamaha for the Winder.

Very good point, well taken. I didn't like seeing some of the back and fourth going on earlier in this thread but it's everyone right and thanks for correcting me. I often times ride with friends who have different sleds and at the end of the day we all enjoy talk of the day a while tipping a few. Joe

sailor joe.....I hope that you didn't misinterpret anything that I said in my post and thought that I directed any of my comments at you. It's all good. Your posts are always thoughtful, respectful, and entertaining. You had a great idea of a summertime South American runoff happen. That would be an awesome event.

My brother works at one of the US Embassies in Australia. I'll have to mention your idea to him and have him run it up the flagpole. I know that some of the OEM's have done some testing in Australia in the past so it's not to far fetched.

The snappiness comes from transfer! When you get great transfer it “feels” snappier.

Very true, as I have said a couple of times on other posts. The stock Sidewinder is so smooth that it’s pull can be deceptive, meaning, swap sleds with another and they say, I think I can run with you! So whether it’s out of the hole, or roll on at 50 70 90, they are still scratching their heads! Then make sure to point out how fast everything is going by, at say 100 on the speedo, compared to their 100 on their speedo, and it starts making sense, as to why the Winder is so deceptively fast. Our speedo is very close when compared to most other models which can be more then 10% exaggeration.

Then add a mild tune of 260 and up, and you’ve lost that smooth deceptive pull, it just becomes Gforce pulls! And yes that is what I like. Don’t get me wrong, if you can stay out of that throttle, it seems so smooth and even meek, until you unleash the beast that is!

Yep, my kind of sled still, that old 2017.

sailor joe.....I hope that you didn't misinterpret anything that I said in my post and thought that I directed any of my comments at you. It's all good. Your posts are always thoughtful, respectful, and entertaining. You had a great idea of a summertime South American runoff happen. That would be an awesome event.

My brother works at one of the US Embassies in Australia. I'll have to mention your idea to him and have him run it up the flagpole. I know that some of the OEM's have done some testing in Australia in the past so it's not to far fetched.
From what I understand Australia is awesome, your brother must love it there. I've never been to Australia, closest has been Borneo and Sumatra Indonesia( not so much fun)..don't think there is any snow there but I know there's plenty in the Andies, Chili, Argentina. Let's face it, some big name sports entity ( CBS, NBC,FOX, Red Bull) could do multiple events in the summer snow down there..my money is on Nappattack in the drag sled category. This is a great site, lots of passion for Yamaha and the 998's. I'm very guilty of having a love/hate relationship with the Ventures lol...should never have sold it.

We are all keyboard racing until we are not. Kudos to Skidoo for bringing the hype for '22. Kudos to Cat and Yamaha for the Winder.

Right on actionjack. With winter in most parts in the rearview mirror we'll have to settle into the offseason of rumors, speculation, and keyboard racing until the snow flies next season.

Here's a toast to everyone who spends some time on TY during the slow season to keep it interesting...

YouTheMan.jpg

BenchRacing.JPG

For many years I flew the 777 from Vancouver to Sydney...long trip but I loved being in Australia...Bondi Beach is an awesome place to spend the day ending the day with a Fairy Ride to Manly for drinks and dinner at the Yacht club just made it that much better.
:)

I know I own a Ski Doo but I also have owned Yamahas and my 17 Sidewinder is still in the family.
When the Sidewinder came out in 17 I had Ski Doos at the time but came here to read up about the Winder. By Christmas I had a new Sidewinder sitting in the garage waiting for the trails to open.
I don’t think talking about other sleds on a brand specific forum is a bad thing but there needs to be rules. I don’t think other brand riders should be allowed to come here and boast about their sleds and bash Yamahas because that would be rude and uncalled for.
This has been happening on DooTalk by Polaris lovers who constantly post about how awesome Poo’s are and what junk Doo’s are. The amazing thing is DooTalk allows it. I got into it with a few Poo lovers and was sent packing because I offended some of them. The Poo lovers are the ones who should have been sent packing not me. I know there are many members who don’t appreciate all the Poo lovers but aren’t as vocal as I was.

The BS has already begun. A friend of mine, who is also a Doo fan, says 300HP "easy" with a tune.
What can I say......?
lol

Back