• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension kit for XTX skid

I just got back from putting on 250km....150km in really bad trails super bumpy. The kit is definitely better on the studders and seems to like the big bumps better. I agree the transfer is much better. A lot easier to pop the front end up and clear those bigger holes/bumps on the trails.

I need to do what star recommends and put my preload to full on the center shock. I was thinking about it when riding and now I notice when Robert says it blows through the shock too quick. I am 225 with gear and once I do this I think I will be set!

I am happy with my purchase, and wish I did the center shock at the same time..I didnt know he instals a spacer in the shock to prevent the limiter strap/invert suspension issue!

Tell her your back hurts! I'll be doing this in the next 2 weeks to my 11 Apex XTX.

Me too.....now how do I convince the wife I NEED to do this?!?!

Give her a ride with the kit and one without. She'll understand :)

Considering what other companies charge for suspension upgradeas the Star kit is well worth it!! I would of paid double the price for what it did for my sled.

Sag...gone!
Transfer...amazing!
Stutter bumps...bring them on!
Compression bumps...my spine has never felt better!
Can't remember bottoming out last season!

I talked to Robert today, he convinced me to order a stronger spring for the center shock. When it comes in i'll be shipping my shock off for revalving. they are behind about two weeks now.

Just finished the install

So I had the typical 6 in sag and would never come back to the riding position even with the springs at the heaviest setting. So after hours of reading and the 300 dollars burning a hole in my pocked i bought the kit. I pulled my skid out the the install which made it super easy. While I was at it I upgraded to the fox zero pros from schmidt brothers. Was going to have the Star guys valve mine but ended up just having Schmidt bro's do it for me. Promised me that it would have the feel of a rally truck "sold" haha. Finished up and and sat on my sled. Springs on the softest setting and only goes down 1" !!! stand up and back to full suspension travel with no sag. Simply amazing. Can't wait till the snow flies so I can check out how the suspension handles.

I started out the day to remove the center shock so I could send it off to Star for rebuild and was having a real hard time getting the top bolt loose. I don't wrench much... So I pulled the skid out. Way better and much easier. I can tell the kit install will be a breeze with the skid out. I don't look forward to squeezing the skid back in when done, but I'm sure I'll get it. Any threads for skid install on an XTX would be appreciated. I searched and didn't find much.

I took some of my skid removal (for my benefit in reinstall) but, I thought I'd post for your amusement. I don't assume to know what I'm doing here... Just hoping that what comes out will go back in. ;)!
image by michellelhill1, on Flickrust
Really hacked up the nut trying to remove the center shock before I removed the skid, but, with it out, it was a breeze!

image by michellelhill1, on Flickr
Good chance to clean up the skid and give the parts that will stay a good shot of fresh grease.

Here is that idler wheel in the way of removing the shock bolt. But, with the skid out, the process was quick and easy. Now, waiting for parts to come so I can reinstall and be ready to ride. :jump:

Back