• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering post / Column and bars ?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha XT SE
What you guys think of this Picture, I have noticed it before but NOW it came back to my attention ! I can't WIN ! ! !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-130829_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-130829_Gallery.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 410

Bent column from the mount up? I have seen this before.. easy repair.
Are you talking The riser or below the riser since I never rode it do you think it was rolled or possible right from dealer? Dealer was a joke anyway they sent sled out the door with heated seat switch cocked cause it was hitting Column underneath, they put heated seat in !
What's the fix , do I need New part ? Thanks

The column may not be bent at all. First do an alignment check.

The column may not be bent at all. First do an alignment check.
I agree, that post and riser is hard to bend, as are the bars, check to see how much slop you have in the steering before the skis actually start to turn, you might have a steering support column bracket that's bent like i did when I tugged on the bars too hard in some really deep snow.

Are you talking The riser or below the riser since I never rode it do you think it was rolled or possible right from dealer? Dealer was a joke anyway they sent sled out the door with heated seat switch cocked cause it was hitting Column underneath, they put heated seat in !
What's the fix , do I need New part ? Thanks

My guess is below the riser. From the riser mount to the top mount of the column. It could have been rolled on its side.

In Parts schematic from Yamaha its part 19 which Instead of being called rizer is called joint and part 27 is called column steering 2.
Which part are you talking about. Thanks
Is it hard to fix ?

Ty will check alignment ! If that's off and I set it right are you saying that will take care of the problem in the picture ?
No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that your bars or steering column MAY be bent and need straightened or replaced. OR you may just need to adjust the alignment within the steering adjustments. Hopefully it's just a matter of adjustment because that costs you nothing.

If you have not ridden it yet i would take it back to Dealer and by the sounds of it not the one ya got it from. Good dealers are hard to find these days, good luck and have a Merry Christmas

Main Steering Shaft 27. It bends between the riser mount and the frame mount.
I was thinking take a solid pipe and go thru Top of column steering where riser/ joint connects and give it a tweak, As you sit on Sled left side push down on bar . Do you have any suggestions ? Do I have to take everything apart again, hood, cowl etc ? To access where frame mount is I imagine it All has to come apart !Any input would be very Helpful ! Easiest thing is bring it to VERY REPUTABLE Cat Dealer Al Joy's Southington Ct and say fix it ! LOL. Thanks ‍♂️

To replace steering post? Pull side panels, pull hood. Remover riser bottom bolts and move riser and bars down to tank. Remove the top bolts and post guide plate. Standing in front of the sled on the left side, pull push pins that hold on Rubber tie rod boot. Slide boot back. There is one big nut at the base of steering post that needs to be removed and one tie rod bolt. Once it’s free pull it right out the top thru the throttle body air box hole. No need to pull any
Thing else.

To replace steering post? Pull side panels, pull hood. Remover riser bottom bolts and move riser and bars down to tank. Remove the top bolts and post guide plate. Standing in front of the sled on the left side, pull push pins that hold on Rubber tie rod boot. Slide boot back. There is one big nut at the base of steering post that needs to be removed and one tie rod bolt. Once it’s free pull it right out the top thru the throttle body air box hole. No need to pull any
Thing else.
TY

Back