• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still waiting....

It's hard to believe that some guys are still waiting for their new sleds to arrive when the new 2018 sleds will be unveiled in another 3 months.

And for any of us who've actually had their sleds arrive we're still waiting for parts lists and accessories along with tech specs.

What's up these days with the mothership? :dunno:

Im wondering where the bottleneck is. Engine supply from Japan or chassis factory in US? Regarding accessories list and such maybe the mothership is a bit lost after the move from Japan...

Im wondering where the bottleneck is. Engine supply from Japan or chassis factory in US? Regarding accessories list and such maybe the mothership is a bit lost after the move from Japan...
Good question. I talked to the parts manager at the dealership where I bought my SideWinder and he said that he heard recently from Yamaha that the delay is from Arctic Cat.

Whether or not that's true I have to believe that the decision by Yamaha corporate to cut the head off Yamaha USA this summer to consolidate their snowmobile operations has had some negative effects on their day to day operations. Personally I think that they didn't realize how much the US workers actually contributed to the overall picture and now the results of their decisions are starting to show.

Lean and mean sounds good on paper but lets be real here. The SideWinder has some real sizzle in the market place but so far the support from the mothership doesn't add any seasoning to the sizzle.

Good question. I talked to the parts manager at the dealership where I bought my SideWinder and he said that he heard recently from Yamaha that the delay is from Arctic Cat.

Whether or not that's true I have to believe that the decision by Yamaha corporate to cut the head off Yamaha USA this summer to consolidate their snowmobile operations has had some negative effects on their day to day operations. Personally I think that they didn't realize how much the US workers actually contributed to the overall picture and now the results of their decisions are starting to show.

Lean and mean sounds good on paper but lets be real here. The SideWinder has some real sizzle in the market place but so far the support from the mothership doesn't add any seasoning to the sizzle.
X2! Yes it was bad before and that decision made it worse so far for sure. They need to stop messing around and just buy Cat Start running the company like they own it or just get out of the sled business altogether. It's shameful what has happened the last 3 years no matter how good the sleds are.

WTF! I am still waiting! We have snow for Gods sake!

I would also make damn sure paperwork is in order and dealer did in fact order correct sled. It happens

I would also make damn sure paperwork is in order and dealer did in fact order correct sled. It happens
I was under the impression that Sweden was shipped one of the first production .
What does your dealer say ?
Has it even been shipped ?
Something doesn't look right .

Called the dealer now. BTX LE delivery ready before the weekend! Wohoo!

Still waiting for my RTX SE in ontario. After reading everything about shorter tracks I feel I really screwed up buying the Se 129. I should of bought the LE . If I didn't put so much money down I probably would of walked away from the deal.

Last edited:
Still waiting for my RTX SE in ontario. After reading everything about shorter tracks I feel I really screwed up buying the Se 129. I should of bought the LE . If I didn't put so much money down I probably would of walked away from the deal.
Only thing different that matters is shocks. SE will still ride very nice if 16's were any indication. Your fine.

Ran with a buddy that has the SE, you'll be very happy if not ecstatic about your sled you have nothing to worry about.

try and make a trade .

Just unloaded the remainder of our winders yesterday. All spring Break units delivered and all in season units on the ground. RTX LE's & SE's, LTX LE's, SE's & DX's, XTX LE's.

Wish I could say the same for are 850 Doo's.

Back